Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scout9858 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Severe anemia
    The other day I was told my hemoglobin was 7. I have no symptoms, and I refuse to go through invasive tests/expensive tests for something it seems to me I don't have. I am a Type 2 diabetic and a manic depressive ( I have been on lithium for 19 years). Can anyone enlighten me on this condition and give me advice on what I should do? I am tired of being harassed by my doctor about this, and I feel my feelings are ignored.

Thank you for any help.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 06:32 PM
    If you have such a low blood count you definitely need more medical tests to determine the cause. Your doctor is harassing you for good reason. You could be suffering from a number of serious diseases and I urge you to take the time to find out what the cause of the low blood count is. My husband ignored it, and when he finally pursued it he learned he had pernicious anemia. It turned out his pernicious anemia was a symptom of the advanced stages of gastric cancer which is extremely fast-growing and one of the most painful cancers to die of.

Chances are that this isn't what you have, but, my God, please be sure. What are you afraid of? Believe me, if your anemia is a symptom of something serious and it goes without treatment to save money it could cost you your life or a heck of a lot more money in the long run. Take care of yourself!

Didi
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Yes, I think the doctors have good reason to ask for more tests. There are so many things that could be actually causing your anemia and yes anemia can be very very series. Anemia is low blood and it can be from internal blood loss.

Just Google anemia and I am sure you will get a lot of info about the condition. Take this series please. You do not want something more severe to come out of this because you did not want to check into it more. Is your health and future more important then costs or temperory pain?

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

*I NEED HELP* severe depression [ 7 Answers ]

I have 15 out of 17 signs of depression from a website, almost every quiz I've taken says I have severe depression or bipolar, I'm an actress naturally so I naturally hide my feelings, and can't help it. I have a lot of trouble, even on IM, saying that I'm not OK, (unless to total strangers like...

Where To Start With Severe Debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all! My girlfriend moved to NY to go to school about six years ago. She was young and dumb and accrued large amounts of credit card debt, school loans, doctor bills, etc. She owes about $12k in student loans (they've been defaulted for about 5 years) $3 - 5k in credit card debt and $3k in...

Dystonia, Severe Spasams [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for Dystonia of the leg to spread to other parts of the body? A present from a stroke.

Acute Severe Dizziness [ 3 Answers ]

I have developed acute severe dizziness when changing positions. Could it be an inner ear infection?

Anemia [ 4 Answers ]

What is the solution that the Blood Bank use to determine if the hemoglobin is okay for donation? And is it feasible for a person to prepare it for one's own use?

View more questions Search