Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wbkingman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Who to call about foul odor coming from fireplaceit smells like something dead.
    We have gas logs.just a flu. No wood burning. It smells like something dead coming from the fireplace. We don't
    Know who to call. Can you help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2011, 06:25 AM
    A Chimney sweep
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 1, 2011, 02:47 PM
    I agree with Scott but can't give him a good rating for a while yet. Most likely a dead bird or squirrel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with foul smells in my house. [ 1 Answers ]

My house was built in the 70s, and ever since October of this year, when the sun shines on the roof, I get a smell in the kitchen and dining room like wet wood or maybe fuel oil. I have had the furnace, hot water heater and stove checked. If the sun does not come out, there is no smell and it...

Foul odor coming from overhead heating vent [ 3 Answers ]

We had our heat and air ducts moved to overhead because the ones in the floor were rusted out. This was about six years ago. Starting about 18 months to 2 years ago we have noticed a bad odor (smells to us like dead animal only not that strong) coming from only one overhead vent. This happens...

Bathroom smells foul all the time like raw sewage [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom smells foul all the time like raw sewage and I suspect that my landlord vented the toilet threw the same pipe as the shower because that is were I smell it the most. To... Is this in voilation of helth codes? What should I do?

Removed unility sink. Now a foul odor coming from the cabinet below. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband removed the utility sink in our utility go give us more counter space. Now about a month later there is a very foul odor coming from the cabinet below where the sink used to be. Can you tell me how to get rid of the stink? It seems like it is coming from the wall. tlgoetz

Foul odor coming from heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house and when we put on the heat for the first time in September, there is a foul odor coming from all of the heat vents in the house. I can't really pinpoint what the odor is, but it seems to be a sewer/rotten egg smell and you can smell it in every room of the house, but it does...

View more questions Search