Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildnikki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Skin Bumps
    I have small pimple like bumps on my upper arms they don't itch or hurt or anything they have always been their i just want to know what they are and how to make them go away!! :o
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 11:40 AM
    First of all, please turn off your caps. Caps are not necessary here.

Thanks

Now, this is normal and they are just little sebaceous bumps. Meaning that oil is caught just under the pores of the skin. Many people have them. The easiest way to get rid of them is to exfoliate properly. Use a soap and loofa sponge and rub gently to exfoliate the dead skin on top.

Proper washing and exfoliation should be your key.
    llyich Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    First of all, please turn off your caps. Caps are not necessary here.

Thanks

Now, this is normal and they are just little sebaceous bumps. Meaning that oil is caught just under the pores of the skin. Many people have them. The easiest way to get rid of them is to exfoliate properly. Use a soap and loofa sponge and rub gently to exfoliate the dead skin on top.

Proper washing and exfoliation should be your key.
    Does this go for the penis too? Please look at my question ''possibly fordyces spots''
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Yes, it does.

Apr 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Yes, it does.
    That's very lucky then as I was pretty godamn bothered over the thought of not being able to get rid of these lumps I mean cmon that would have a huge negative impact on my future sex life because it just looks so disgusting
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 03:44 PM
    It is very natural and normal. Most, if not all, men have this to some degree or another.

Oh, yeah, swearing is not really necessary.;)

Apr 6, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Sorry, but ill try what you suggjested to the other guy, where am I going to get a friggin lofa sponge...

You mean those funky sponges that look like coral sea things right? English isn't my first langauge, sorry

Apr 6, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Umm these oil things I'm not so sure its what I have actuelly do they look like fordyces spots a little and smell nasty? Do you have any pictures to link that would be great
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Do NOT use a loofa on your penis.

And no I do not have any pics or links that I can show you.

If there is odor, you need to seek the treatment of a health care professional in person.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
    That addvice is perfect for Nikki, (I have the same thing) llyich please go to the DR.

Apr 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
    ''do NOT use a lofa on your penis'' LOL that sounds so hilarios the way I read it in my head dony worry I won't and I'm going to the DR anyway because I'm not so stupid as to risk losing my life or worse my penis because of my own petty embrassement I'm just trying to find out if what I have is just a typical skin thing and can be dealt with simple measures with I can
    Do in my own home.

I've checked pretty much all the deadly skin lump penis things and other things like uclers so on far far different from what I have the closest thing is fordyces spots which is harmless and doesn't even require treatment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Bumps, under the skin in the pubic region [ 8 Answers ]

Pretty much what it says. It started with one hard bump under the skin above my penis, in the pubic region, it feels hard, and its red. But the bump is under the skin. Can't squeeze it, no discharge, and no itching or any uncomfort. But now after waiting a week, two more bumps have appeared, in...

Bumps [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have these small, itchy bumps between my vagina and anus hole. I was scared it may been an STD, but I have only had one sexual partner...

Abnormal skin bumps [ 1 Answers ]

Yea umm I have this lump behind my ear.. not on my ear itself but on my head and its been there for about two months and it has recently swollen and is turning purple and I think there might be fluid in there and is beginning to be painful

Scarred skin from razor bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I used to have razor bumps a lot and I used to scratch it like crazy from the itch, but I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to and now I think my skin maybe scarred because now in the area I used to scratch it became a very dark patch on the side of my face and I don't know if there is anyway to...

Bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I notice on the side of my thigh at my bikini line a bump I was just wondering if it is pilar cyst. This mostly happen when I shave or wear really tighy jeans. Help anyone.

View more questions Search