Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2011, 05:43 AM
    Is this serious ? Heart/low pottasium question
    OK well I know I have low potassium and I know that can effect the heart, when I breathe in deeply it hurts just a tiny little bit not much but just a little ache. It has been like that for a few days now do you think its serious?
    I'm 16 years old and I do have an eating disorder...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 05:53 AM

I can't tell you if you have an eating disorder, you didn't give us any information about that.

If you know you have low potassium and your chest is hurting you need to seek medical attention pronto. Also, have your kidneys checked, this could be a potential cause for chronic low potassium.
    Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 06:03 AM

Ah, I just read that you are anorexic in another thread.

Get yourself to the ER immediately. You may also need inpatient treatment for your eating disorder.

You do want to live don't you?
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2011, 06:08 AM
    Thanks, but I have already been in inpatient I am just wondering if people may think it is something serious or if anyone has any ideas what it could be :)
    Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 06:15 AM

YES, it is serious if you are having chest pain!

Get yourself to the ER pronto!

Low potassium and chest pain is nothing to laugh at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 weeks, low heart rate [ 2 Answers ]

I am 7 weeks and I have a doppler at home. I have not been to see my doctor yet as I am waiting for my referral. The babies heart beat is uasually around 80 bpm and I understand that is considered low. Everything I have been reading basically say the same thing, the pregnancy may not be viable. ...

Tell me what are my chances of having a heart attack or heart problems [ 2 Answers ]

OK first of all my grandpa had 3 heart attacks and 4 heart failures my grandmother has had heart problems my dad has heart problems and my uncle died of a heart attack. So are my chances high

Grandmas heart rate and bp low [ 2 Answers ]

My grnadma is 63 and she went and took her blood pressure and it was 85 over 51 and her heart rate was only 59 is this normal? Or is it low and if it is was can cause it to be so low

Blackouts & Low Heart Rate [ 6 Answers ]

My son (15 years old) has been having blackout spells(not completely passing out) and we have been seeing doctors for this, however they say that his heart rate & blood pressure continue to bottom out and that he is either going to need edication or a pacemaker is there anyone that has any other...

View more questions Search