Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hallbenjamin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 10:31 AM
    What information can be given over the phone about a patient.
    What can a employer find out about a employees wife that was in the hospital? I am the husband and when the nurse wrote my excuse for work she wrote it wrong. She drew a line through husband and put father. The Doctor did not check the note before he signed it. It was faxed with the wrong information on it. My employer was calling around hospitals to find out what hospital she was in and what she was having done. I have experienced this before when I had to be in the hospital for 3 days. Some how my employer had all my medical information down to what drugs I was taking. They had just about everything in my medical chart at my work. What is the law on this.

I have filled paperwork against one hospital for releasing information on my son. He(13 yrs old) was at a mental hospital for treatment. The hospital called and sent mail to the wrong person. Sent it to my brother and called my brother instead of me. I did not give them that information and had written down my wife an I was the only ones to be contacted. These were the only numbers they had.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to find any information about this person, only I have is his phone number [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! Maybe it sounds weird, but I need to find his name or any information about one person, and only thing I have is his phone number. But now it's impossible to reach this person on the phone. Could anybody tell ,how and where could I find any information about this person, using only his phone...

Pharmacy not shredding patient information [ 1 Answers ]

As an emplopyee of a pharmacy & I know that they don't shred any personal information & they don't shred information w/the patients name drug name sig basically nothing is shreded. Its just tossed into the dumpster where bums have been known to dig in. this is a hippa violation yes?

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Chiropractors wife got my phone number from patient records for harassment reasons [ 4 Answers ]

She was asked to help him out one day to "answer the phones" and while she was doing so, she was "looking around" the patient files, schedule calendar, etc, and noticed my name on the schedule (she hates me for some reason). She then proceeded to find my patient file ont the computer and got my...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.