Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boy84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 05:50 AM
    Herpes or no herpes?

I had a small red spot under my bottom lip for about a week, and it showed no symptoms at all, so I didn't pay it much attention. However, this Monday the spot had grown and was now attached to my bottom lip as well. My first reaction was herpes, as it truly looks like a herpes cold sore, but I've not had any symptoms. The redness just is, no blistering, itching, burning.. Nothing at all.

I tried to pop it, thinking it might be a spot, and I got a few white heads out. But the spot was there. I've tried to treat the area with cleaning it with white wine vinegar, then rinsing with cold water and applying honey to cover it. This seemed to do the trick at first, as the spot grew smaller and had a small scab on it. I thought I had dried it out, and applied only jojoba oil on it last night, to let it heal. But, this morning the red blotch was back to its normal size and now I'm absolutely clueless.
    boy84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 05:52 AM
    The image file can be seen here: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8596/image165p.jpg
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
    This sounds like a cold sore, go to a chemist speak to the pharmacist who will advise you which cream to use, this will heal it very soon.
    These can also be quite contagious so use your own cup,towel etc.. until it heals.

I am not a doctor, so to be sure of a correct diagnoses make an appointment to see your own gp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 5 Answers ]

Can you receive herpes from someone infected through smoking a cigarette behind them?

Herpes [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if my partner had a CANKER SORE and preformed oral sex on me (im a man) if I can get genital herpes. Thank you

Difference between herpes & herpes antibodies? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering, because I was told in February that I have genital herpes, and that my blood work was showing I was having a current outbreak, but I didn't have no soars, My gynecologist said that I been exposed to it and that I have the antibodies for it meaning that Its possible I may never get...

Herpes. What do you think? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 18, just found out that I have contracted herpes at some point or another and now I'm a little confused. I've been with the same guy for the past 6 months and neither of us has messed around with other people. He was tested for STD but wasn't aware of the fact that they don't test for...

Do I have herpes [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend than. The next day I was sore. Than I broke out with blisters down there a couple days after. The doctor says its herpes but didn't take a swab test. Can someone please help me.

View more questions Search