Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Soonerboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
    Right Shoulder Pain, it binds up and I cant move for about 5 minutes
    My shoulder asked like it was going to pop and just bound up and I couldn't move it. It was stiff for about 5 minutes, but then was sore but moveable. It has been 5 days, and occasionally I move it wrong and have sharp pains in the upper shoulder and feels kind of inside. The x-ray was clear except the doctor said there was a depression, and my shoulders are uneven. If it binds up I just have to gingerly work it around to release the pain. Any Ideas on what this might be?
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Mar 10, 2011, 12:39 PM
    Call the doctor that took the X-ray and ask. Your doctor should have given you're the prognosis.

0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Hi soonerboy, this could be many things, have you been doing lots of heavy lifting lately,you could have pulled a muscle or moved awkwardly and trapped a nerve,which is what the sharp pain may be.If you have pulled the muscles in you shoulders, then they can go into spasm which will lock them in the wrong position,if this is the case then you need to get the inflammation down by either taking anti-inflamatory drugs or using icepacks on the affected area for fifteen minutes several times a day, this will take the swelling down allowing the muscles/joints to move back to their natural position also releasing the trapped nerve if this is the problem,try and do some gentle exercise when the pain isn't to bad or when you have an icepack on.

The gels/creams that are available over the counter are also very good, especially the.. IBUPROFEN GEL...

If you are still having problems, go back to your doctor,I have only given you my opinion of what I think it may be as I also suffer from shoulder problems,I know how painful they can be,hopefully the pain will improve very soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoulder pain, [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so, a few weeks ago I woke up, and my right shoulder was all kinds of messed up. I thought it was some muscle strain or something that would go away, but I am now convinced it might be a torn rotator cuff or something. It hurts from my shoulder blade to around the top of my arm. Anyone want to...

Pain in right shoulder [ 1 Answers ]

The pain in my shoulder occurred when I was laying on my right side and trying to get out of bed. When I turned to straighten out, the pain just came out of nowhere and my right shoulder hurt like heck! I could not get up. I had to scoot my body to the foot of the bed to get up. It hurt so much...

Shoulder PAIN [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a pain in my shoulder for about 8 months now. I went to bed one night push my body up to the pillow and my shoulder popped now it's had a burning pain ever sense. If I move my arm behind me and up it hurts any ideas. No I haven't been to the doctor yet.

Shoulder pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am having shooting pain down my biceps and I feel like its coming from my shoulder, what could it be?

Pain in shoulder [ 1 Answers ]

I have got a sharp pain on my shoulder blade it starts up during the night ,my hands get pins and needles as well ,it is on my right side ,but previous to this I had a stiff neck ,my g.p says its joint pain is this so or should I get a second opinion.:rolleyes:

View more questions Search