Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeeLee92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Weird PMS occurrence.
    Hi, my name is Leanna and I am a 19 year old female. I have noticed that a few times lately while on my period a tend to pee a bit in my underwear without evening knowing until I go to the washroom and notice. I only wear tampons when I'm on my period and I have never had this problem before. It happened a few months ago, and now it's happening again, once last night and today. It only happens when I'm on my period. I know it sounds gross but I don't know why that happens and what I can do to prevent it. It sucks because I don't feel it when it happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2011, 07:22 PM

I have to ask, have you recently had any changes to your cycle? Were you recently pregnant or had a child?

This is not uncommon, as many women experience urinary incontinence (leaking) during their period. The thing is, it's more common in women who have gone through childbirth or are going through menopause, not 19 year old teens.

It doesn't mean that something is wrong, but it could mean that your hormones are off balance. Next time you are at your ob-gyn, I suggest that you bring this matter up, and a simple blood work should be able to tell the gynecologist if there is a problem.
    LeeLee92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Comment on ISneezeFunny's post
    I have never been pregnant, and I have not noticed my cycles off balance that I know of. One thing that may possibly factor in is that I have been on birth control for almost a year now. Thank you very much for your response, I will take your advice on getting bloodwork (I have been avoiding that because I am weak when it comes to blood lol) as it is something that I should have done anyway. Thank you very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we change the inheritance will in ca due to unforseen occurrence? [ 1 Answers ]

My brother is the executor of my fathers estate in which there is a living trust. Recently, my brother was in a severe accident where the bills mounted to over 1.5 million. He only had 15,000 of his own cash to pay and the balance is outstanding. What will happen when our father dies? Will the cash...

2 missed period, early pregnancy/pms symptoms: Pregnant or PMS? [ 2 Answers ]

I've missed 2 periods and spotted a few days ago. I hjave many pms/pregnancy symptoms, including hot flases. My breast and nipples have been extremely sore lately. Just brushing against them is painful. My breasts have grown a full cup size in the past month, and my clothes are feeling tighter. I...

Cash inflows and outflows occurrence [ 1 Answers ]

How do you draw a time line that shows when net cash inflows and outflows occur, and how will this timeline help structure the analysis?

View more questions Search