Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LauraKellie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Hamster has boil on under his eye
    I have a hamster that is over 2 years old. He has a boil under his right I that is very large.
    His eyes normally get crusty and with a wet cloth I wipe them open. He has been sleeping a lot and not eating.
    The vet is to expense what can I do?
    edlynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 12:42 PM
    I have been raised around kittens all my life and I know for eye infections we put pet milk on and in their eyes. But even at that maybe even a little neosporin?
    moelissa Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Sounds like the infection from the boil may have got in his blood and made a boil into a worse situation. Seek a vet for antibiotic or even call one to see if they can perscribe it over the phone. The reason I think it may have went to his blood is the lack of eating and is in pain so best bet to call a vet he needs meds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keep getting boil like sores [ 5 Answers ]

My husband keeps getting these sores that are very painful & are like boils; or cellulitis; he is a roofer & it seems to happen more when they use wood shingles. He has gotten them mostly on his arms & 2 times on the chest... anyone know why, what they are from, & how to keep them from coming back?...

I have a boil and I don't know what to do to it next! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boil located on my arm. It is red and hard and it hurts. I have had it for about a week. Last night, it popped or opened up. It started pussing and bleeding. I need help on what to do to the boil now? I'm going to the doctors today.. do you think they will drain it or lance it? Or will...

Boil, zit, or something else? [ 28 Answers ]

I have some kind of an abscess on the inside of my thigh, I have been draining it for the past 3 days and each day that goes by the fluid inside turns a darker green and is very very smelly, almost like rotten meat. What should I do? Does anybody know what it could be?

View more questions Search