Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Eczema & Boils
    My son has terrible eczema all over his hands & wrists and it's now coming out on his arms. We've tried everything under the sun every dermatologist has suggested. His skin itches horribly, and every wrinkle on his fingers is cracked. He gets impetigo easily from all the open sores. At 16, this is mortifying to him and is really starting to affect his self-esteem. Does anyone have a home remedy or ANYTHING we might not have thought of that helps?
    Also, my husband has terrible boils on his stomach. Again, we've followed Dr directions and no help. He's overweight and the left side of his stomach is noticeably swollen with these boils. Right now, he has about 15 separate places, but in one place, several (I can count 6) have run together and created a place about the size of my hand. It's obviously contagious, I had a boil on MY stomach last fall that lasted about 2 mo. Now I have ANOTHER one starting.
    HELP!
    spikerbiker Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nealsmemory
    My son has terrible eczema all over his hands & wrists and it's now coming out on his arms. We've tried everything under the sun every dermatologist has suggested. His skin itches horribly, and every wrinkle on his fingers is cracked. He gets impetigo easily from all the open sores. At 16, this is mortifying to him and is really starting to affect his self-esteem. Does anyone have a home remedy or ANYTHING we might not have thought of that helps?
    Also, my husband has terrible boils on his stomach. Again, we've followed Dr directions and no help. He's overweight and the left side of his stomach is noticably swollen with these boils. Right now, he has about 15 separate places, but in one place, several (I can count 6) have run together and created a place about the size of my hand. It's obviously contagious, I had a boil on MY stomach last fall that lasted about 2 mo. Now I have ANOTHER one starting.
    HELP!
    I grew up with eczema which was worse in the winter. When I was about 25 years old, I decided to spend the money out of pocket and go to a really good allergist. My main culprit that I seemed to aggravate my skin was regular old cows milk. To this day I don't drink milk, or eat ice cream. I grew up having at least 3 tall glasses a day! And oh how my skin did suffer. You might try eliminating one thing at a time from the diet and see if it helps. Also, no hot hot showers, after getting out, immediately put on lotion or baby oil to seal in the moisture.
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the thought about milk; we'll try that. He doesn't drink it a lot, but he doesn't try to avoid it either. Sure do appreciate the help!
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Jan 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
    An idea for the boils is to try to exfoliate at least once a week. and wipe yourself down with witch hazel after bathing, it helps the pores to close so less irritants can get under the skin. I got one of those bathing gloves from Target and it's not too rough and can go anywhere your hands can go.
    Sorry I can't help with the ezcema, I had it as a child and I guess I must have outgrown it, but I rarely drink milk so that might have something to do with it.
    Kneel Blender Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 11:29 PM
    HI,
    My girlfriend has terrible eczema on her hands and arms. Also with painful cracking on her wrists and fingers.. She is allergic to milk and avoids it. Countless trips to the doctor, allergists and dermatologists have offered no help other than expensive prescription creams that barely work. The creams are covered with warning stickers that say they can cause cancer(!).They also can't offer a reasonable explanation for her suffering other than 'Bad Genes'.. Is there anyone with a similar problem that has can offer any help/insight? I would love to hear someone suggest a alternative/homeopathic route? Thanks!!
    spikerbiker Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Is she using hot water on her hands? It feels great, but it is probably the worst thing she could do to her skin. The hot water seems to take away the itching, but just damages the skin more. At one point in my life I went completely cold turkey and fasted for a day or two, then just added one thing at a time to my diet to see what really set me off. Also, try to avoid processed foods and junk foods. The heavy duty pills they give you are steroids and are bad for you, but they will clear up a really bad case. Hands can also be what they call contact dermatitis. She could even get it from doing the dishes in the wrong soap or water that is too hot. I have even experienced using the wrong hair shampoos, the chemicals left burn marks on my face. You have to really check out everything
    smileandshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 06:36 PM
    I am so familiar with these conditions and know so many people suffering the same.

Here is what I did to heal my skin. Be patiend and remember to live a healthy life.

First, don't ever use steroid or corticozone cream. They destroy your stomach flora and will never cure the cause of eczema. Pleople who has eczema usually have had stomach flora, so start taking probiotic supplements and avoid all foods wityh addtives, pesticide and don't eat processed food. Basically, no junk food. What you eat is what you become. Also start taking digestive enzymes to aid digestion. Undigested protein can cause itch.

Drinking clean water is very important. Chroline in the water is bad. Filter the water and no drinking sodas. Don't eat saturated fat. Keeping clean blood on alkine side is important for any good health.

Eat lots of fresh organic veggies and fruits.

If you follow these, it might take a year or so or more, but you will definitely improve your skin condition. World is polluted and it is affecting all our health and more and more people are getting eczema. We have to take a great care of ourselves and be selective with what you eat.

Last but not the least, excersize and sweat! Important to get rid of daily toxins.

Good luck and I am sure she will get better and even be healed.
    Also, go on detox program on colon and liver. These organs needs to be on top shape to avoid allergy. You can get those natural cleansing supplements at Wholefoods or iherb.com for cheaper option for the same products. $5 coupon code is YUK669. When you are lack of Biotin (vitanin B7) eczema can get worse, so start taking those along with Zinc. I suggest you do your onw research about these supplements and find out why they are needed for good skin production. When choosing supplements, rememeber to choose higherst quality and organic food based supplements like New Chapter. AVoid all artificial things from your diet.

Don't use shampoos and soaps with so much chemicals and fragnarces. They can irritate your skin and also the toxins from these products can enter the body through the skin. Pick soap based detergents for clothing. Avoid all perfumes, hair sprays, nail polish, anything that are toxic.

SUGAR is bad. It brings your immune system down. If she is serious about getting better, avoid sugar! Occasional organic raw honey is OK.

Use organic emu oil or need oil or something that is anti-infalammatory and moisturizing. But when there are too much fissures, you can get infection, so disinfect it with herbal extract pau d'arco liquiid and keep the wonnd dry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boils... Boils.. Boils... Help me please! [ 10 Answers ]

I have a very bad problem with boils... Right now I have about 4 to 5 on my body at this time... and I don't know what is causing them... lately I've been getting them around my bra line. And when they burst they are leaving gapping holes under my breast, on my back, on my sides and in my growing...

Boils & Weird red bump on my scalp [ 51 Answers ]

Yesterday I noticed a painful red bump behind my knee. Then I noticed another one on my back this afternoon in school. And when I got home I was feeling my scalp and noticed a weird bump on my head. My dad looked at it and said it was weird and dark red. Is it something that I should worry about?

Eczema & Dairy Products [ 6 Answers ]

My son (aged four) suffers from eczema. We use Diprobath and Diprobase cream. My son also suffers from various allergies and has mild asthma. I recently read that people with eczema should avoid dairy products - is this true? :confused: It has taken until now for the doctors to say that they think...

Correction-GFI & AFI Breakers & Shared Neutrals [ 3 Answers ]

I need to submit a correction to some advice I had furnished in the past regarding Ground Fault and Arc Fault circuit breakers being used on shared neutrals. I had in mind the typical single pole 120 volt breakers that will not work if two breakers are used for two 120 volt circuits that share a...

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

View more questions Search