Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justjenn2u Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Swollen, red ear lobes
    My son has swollen and red ear lobes, one is worse than the other. He says they do not hurt besides hearing a little "waxy" sound inside. He has seen the doctor and they put him on Bactrim - and weren't quite sure the cause. Any advice?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2011, 02:08 PM

Yes, call the Doctor and explain that his ears are worse (if that is the case) or there is no change.

If the Doctor examined him and couldn't find the cause no one on the Internet probably can, either.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 8, 2011, 02:24 PM

How long has your son been taking the medication the doctor prescribed? It can take time for medication to work, it's not instant.

If you've used the medication for the recommended time and there's still no change than it's definitely time to go back to the doctor, or get a second opinion.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 8, 2011, 02:41 PM

Kids do really screwy things with their ear lobes. Was he poking into them trying to maybe pierce his own lobes, or the latest craze now is making air lobes bigger a bit at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repiercing ear lobes in a child [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter just had her ear lobes pierced today and one of the holes is a little high. The lady at the store said that I could remove the earring, bring it back to the store and they would pierce it in the new position immediately. Does that sound like a good idea?

Repiercing ear lobes in a child [ 8 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter just had her earlobes pierced today and one of them is a little too high. I would prefer to have it moved down. The lady at the store told me that I could take out the earring, bring my daughter back to the store and pierce in a different position immediately. Is that a...

I have dry ear lobes from gauging them! [ 6 Answers ]

So I started gauging my ears like 2 months ago. I'm currently at an 8 and I'm using glass plugs. Ever since I put these in my ear lobes have been itchy and started getting dry and crusty in the back, not the front. So for the past few days I've been putting Vitamin E oil on my ear lobes and went...

Repiercing ear lobes [ 3 Answers ]

I had my 9 month old daughter's ears pierced 8 weeks ago. One earring was done at an angle. So they told me to pull it out and let it heal. They would repierce it after it closed. A week later I went back and they pierced it again. This time the angle was even worse. It has been 7 weeks and I...

Swollen lymph nodes by the ear [ 4 Answers ]

The Lymph nodes that are located slightly below the ear are swollen most of the time. Doctors don't seem to be concerned. Any ideas? I have allergies to ragweed and tree pollen and am on ongoing immunotherapy. I also have Asthma.

View more questions Search