Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikzyUzumaki Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 03:15 PM
    I Want to kiss my girlfriend although I have a cold sore
    I Would very much like to kiss my girlfriend, although I have a coldsore, it isn't visible at the moment, and hasn't been visible or effected me for the past two years, and I'm not sure if I should kiss her or not because I don't want to give her an sexually transmitted disease, any advice or help please?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2011, 04:24 PM
    It could be gone. We are all subject to the Herpes Simplex I virus, the one on the face, as opposed to II, the genital one. It's everywhere, but some of us get it a lot and others seldom and others never.

There's a very rare chance that the II strain can be on the face and vice versa, but I wouldn't let 2 years with no breakout stop me from kissing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikzyUzumaki View Post
    I Would very much like to kiss my girlfriend, although i have a coldsore, it isn't visible at the moment, and hasn't been visible or effected me for the past two years, and im not sure if i should kiss her or not because i don't want to give her an sexually transmitted disease, any advice or help please?
    A cold sore on your mouth is not an STD.

If you get that tingly feeling and know a cold sore is going to show up soon, or if you already have a cold sore, do not kiss your girlfriend. It's a virus and will probably spread to her, just like if you had a cold and sneezed into her face and mouth.

If you have no cold sore or any feeling that one is coming, feel free to kiss her.
    messinger Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
    There is lots of stuff you can take to keep it away, but it is a deasise that once you have it you can't get rid of it.
    If you have seen no sigh of it for two years feel free just make sure you don't kiss her when its active because then she will have it and trust me unless you guys get married she will regret it for a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend kiss another guy [ 11 Answers ]

Hello and thank you for advice and view this This is how it all started My girlfriend and I have been dating for awhile now. Until recently I began to change a lot. Mainly do to fact that my girlfriend lied about a lot of things. Anyway when I went to her Grandma house. I found her and her...

Saw my girlfriend kiss another girl what should I do. [ 7 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

How do I kiss a former girlfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

In about 3 weeks I will be seeing a former girlfriend that I dated in college about 30 years ago. We are supposed to get together for lunch. We have not seen each other since college. Although we live 150 miles apart, I am not really going out of my way to see her. She lives close to...

Girlfriend gets kiss from ex-boyfriend at club [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a girlfriend, she's 27 and I'm 26 She went to a club with her friends and I couldn't go. She happens to meet her ex-boyfriend there that she was in love with in the past She says she walks by him and says hey. He comes up to her and gives her a kiss as she's leaving. She says it...

Cold sore [ 10 Answers ]

I have had cold sores before, although I don't get them very frequently. Whenever I did have a symptom that a cold sore was coming, I would normally feel like a dry spot on my top lip. Now I noticed a small red spot like close to the inside of my top lip. I'm thinking it's a cold sore, but not...

View more questions Search