Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AprilShea124 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 10:46 PM
    Why is my hernia is numb?
    I recently had hernia surgery, and I've had a staph infection from it, and now I have another hernia, and it's gotten huge, and they won't do anything about the other until this one is healed. The spot where my new hernia is, is completely numb, I cannot feel anything in that spot. Is this normal?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 17, 2010, 02:56 AM
    You really should be telling the doctor, even if you have to leave it as a short message with his staff or on a machine after hours, or a doctor on call.
    Staph infections are serious, and intestinal hernias, if the bowel strangulates, can be serious. You would be in a LOT of pain.
    This could be just fewer nerves per square inch as it enlarges, or an area where nerves were killed when they operated, but none of us know your situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me is this my hernia or something more serious? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Inguinal hernia and lately it's been starting to hurt more and more today it as been hurting real bad I have had to use the restroom a lot today and the pain is radiating from the hernia all the way up to right under my ribs. I am very dizzy right now as well. Please Please answer soon

Hernia [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has hernia in a belly bottom less than one inch, I am lost does she need surgery? Doctor said yes but I am scared she is 5 , its already 3 years we were thinking it will go by itself , *** help give me advise

I'm Numb [ 5 Answers ]

I just came back from the dentist. Are there any ways to wear off numbness quicker?

View more questions Search