Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MegUSN1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Enlarged Uterus and Brown Discharge
    This past Friday I went to my doctor and had my regular pap/pelvic done. My doctor advised me I had an "enlarged uterus". As I am only 35 years of age and have no children she says she thinks this might be unusual. I have been pregnant once before in 1997 for 4 to 8 weeks, but that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I am scheduled to have an ultrasound done on Friday. Yesterday, I started having a brown discharge. Today, the brown discharge is heavier than it was yesterday. I am slated to start my period in a couple of more days. I am not on birth control pills and have not been on them for years. As my doctor would not go into specifics about what an "enlarged uterus" is I am getting a little concerned. The only thing she did tell me is that is not normal because I've never had any children and this is usually accompanied with someone who is pregnant or women who are menopausal. She did not do a pregnancy test on me because I haven't missed a period yet and she says I'm too young to be menopausal. Can someone please explain to me what all this could mean? I'm concerned because my mother died at the age of 27 of some type of female cancer. It was either ovarian, cervical or uterun, cancer, but I'm not sure which one since I am adopted. I am actively trying to get pregnant and I'm now concerned about the brown discharge because I had that when I was pregnant before and had a miscarriage, though this time I have no other symptoms with it. She was also a little concerned because before I got pregnant in 1997 my breast size was a 36B, but when I got pregnant for only 4 to 8 weeks, my breast size went up to a 38D and never went back down when I the miscarriage was complete. Could I be having hormonal issues? I haven't been able to get pregnant since my miscarriage. I hope someone can help me out... I'm getting fairly nervous.

Thanks!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2012, 05:35 PM
    There are several possible causes for an enlarged uterus and brown discharge. Most are not a true medical concern and can be resolved relatively easily. Sometimes there can be a more serious cause, so certainly further examination is required.

One common cause is an increase in the lining of the uterus which can cause it to enlarge and also result in the discharge. Discharge can change now and then, often for no apparent reason, but anytime there is a continuation of a new discharge, a visit to the doctor would be wise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge [ 5 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old girl! I am on the pill, and in the middle of a cycle of pills but I have a brown discharge and a little bit of blood, it isn't getting better or worse. I would like some advice as I'm not sure what's going on and really really scared. Sorry! But that you for any replies xx

Brown Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi on the 19th of november i've been having brown discharge all day everyday i also had sore breasts which normally happens about a week before my period. My period should have started on november 24 and it is now sat 25 and the only blood i'm getting is when i wipe. :confused:

Brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been on the pill since July and my periods have been all right, me and my boyfriend use a condom every time we have sex, this month I am having like a nasty brown period instead of a red one, what is wrong?:confused:

Brown Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 29 yrs old, married with no children. Over the last 2 weeks I have noticed a brown, sticky discharge from my vagina. It has an odor, though not as prominent as fishy smell etc. I am not experiencing any pain or discomfort as such, but am concerned as I have not had this kind of...

Brown discharge, please help me. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and last week my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. Well, this was the very first time for me. And the last two times we've had sex, I would look down on the sheets and there would be this brown stain from me. I thought I had gotten my period the first time it happened and then it...

View more questions Search