Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rennerjoel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Dropping off parents insurance soon, need to know what to ask doctors specifically.
    I have something wrong which started in my throat. This got worse and my tonsils swelled up. If I cough, the big red tonsil would flop up on my tongue and make me gag and cough more and more and more and... A few days into the swelling tonsils I got a bad fever which kept me from eating and sleeping. I couldn't get comfortable, because I was either shivering with the blanket off or sweating with the blanket on. However, the fever went away after about 3 days when one night I fell asleep for about 2 hours (a long rarity during the current cycle), but my shirt and shorts were soaked in sweat and needed to be changed. I had heard of sweating out a fever and thought maybe that was what happened. The next day I went to the doctor, and he gave me steroids to shrink the tonsils and an IV to replenish lost fluids. They checked blood and throat culture and said no to mono, strep or bacterial infection. I came home feeling good and noticed if I chewed my food a few extra times, the pain in my throat wasn't so bad. However, the same night I experienced the annoying night sweats again and once again couldn't get to sleep. I am hoping this is not something serious, but if it is, I need to find it out as soon as possible because I graduated college in May and haven't been able to find any sort of leads on a job and I drop off my parents' health insurance in September. Please help me.
    rennerjoel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Also, whether this is healthy I'm not positive but it's been this way nearly all my life, I usually poop 3 times a week on average. Since the swelling tonsils, I've had softer, hotter poop sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Especially when I'm unable to eat or drink much and I seem to be sweating out all the fluids during the night when I'm yelling into my pillow annoyed in bed, this is a concern as well.
    Billoflaureal Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2009, 06:40 PM

What you're describing are "drenching night sweats" and yes they are usually preceded by a fever.
    In a young healthy person, the symptoms you describe are usually caused by: strep throat, mono, acute CMV, acute toxoplasmosis. So generally self-limited and not serious. Also, have you been having unprotected sex? Or using needles? Its probably not a bad idea to get a HIV test... just in case.
    If the symptoms persist for more than a couple of weeks (unusual), you may need to have a biopsy of either the tonsils or if you have any swollen lymph nodes. Rarely it can be more serious.

... no connection between bowel habits and tonsils/fever
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 07:05 PM

Actually from an insurance standpoint, you may want to get your own private insurance or group insurance where you work first.

Since pre existing conditions are normally not covered by your new policy, so things already treated by a doctor would not be covered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Insurance for parents above 70 yrs [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am loooking for health insurance for both of my parents aged 72 and 66 yrs. I would prefer a family floater plan for parents wherein both are insured in the same insurance. I am having some difficulty in finding a plan for people aged above 70. Can someone please advise? I found a...

I am receiving survivors insurance and my parents are talking about kicking me out. [ 1 Answers ]

I am receiving survivors insurance and now my parents are threating me to kick me out of the house else I sign over the checks. My probation officer told me this is illegal. I need answers to know what my rights are and how can I go about knowing what my parents still have to pay for until I'm 21?

Can both parents carry a child on their medical insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has been on my insurance since birth (he is 16 months old) and the doc ans staff know him well. The insurance premium was factored into support calculation that ex pays to me for my son. I think he is going to ask it be removed from the calcuatoin because he just started working and my...

View more questions Search