Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexybps Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Is my medication causing these dreams and should I keep taking it?
    Ok so I had been taking an over the counter medication to help me sleep because my doctor refuses to give me something even when I don't sleep for days at a time because I cant. Well the kind I used to get I can't find anymore so I got a new kind and I hate taking them but they are the only ones I can find that will work. But I don't like taking them because when I do I have nightmares. Ive only taken them like 5 times. I took them for 3 days the first time and then 2 days this last time. When I take them though I dream about death and it really scares me a lot. The first dream I had I dreamt about my 10 year old nephew dying and I couldn't sleep after that for a few days. Last night I dreamt that I was dying. I dreamt that I was on a motorcycle (my brothers) and then the next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed in the middle of my room. I had a bunch of cuts and scratches all over me. There was one cut that started to bubble up and then air came out of it and it kept doing that for a few minutes. I saw one bubble under my skin and touched my skin to try to push it closer to the hole and it shot up my vein and I got really scared because Ive heard that if you get air in your heart that if kills you. So I started praying and then the next thing I knew I couldn't move and I started to get tunnel vision but the tunnel kept getting smaller. Then everything went black for a minute and I was dead. That's when I woke up and I couldn't go back to sleep. So my question is do you think that the medication that I am taking to help me sleep is the reason for these dreams? If so then should I keep taking them so I can sleep or just wait for the crash that comes after a few days to a week?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 06:04 AM

Medicines can make you have bad dreams.
    You could try things to help you sleep and try some herbal things from the health store.

Relax before you go to sleep
    Drink some chamomile tea

Tryptopan is found in dairy products or pill form it can help you sleep

Try the things on Suite101.com: Online Magazine and Writers' Network | Suite101.com

(will have to come back and finish my computer has been acting up the past few minutes.)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 06:16 AM
    You only told us about the dreams. You didn't tell us what the name of the medication was. We can't tell if it is the medication without being able to look up the side effects.

Soooo... what is the name of the sleeping medicine?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 08:58 AM

Here is the link for the right page.
    http://aginggrandparents.suite101.co...sleeping_pills
    I know I use to be able to take sleeping pills and they would make me wake up fresh and energetic but the last time I tried taking any of the over the counter sleeping pills they made me wake up groggy + my head feeling some weird numbness.
    Hope you can find a way to get to sleep without relying on sleeping pills.

Right now what I would do is take a break from them and see if the dreams stop. Then when you take them again if they start again it is more than likely the pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Know about a medication [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I need to know what kind of medication this is?Yellow round pill,one side has a M on it,the other side has the numbers 595

Taking medication on an empty stomach [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to know how long before and after eating constitutes an "empty stomach."

Do I Need Medication? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a college student in my second year and I am depressed. I constantly look at the down side of things, I lack motivation, I'm lazy, and I sometimes don't care. I have seen therapists but nothing seems to work. I was thinking about medication but I don't know anyone who has been on them. Can...

Taking cold medication and maybe pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I have the flu and my head feels like it weighs alone 900lbs, I am almost 100% sure I am pregnant, but have not missed my period yet . My last period was on the 27 of August, and I have most of the symptoms. I can not see my doctor for another 3 days, so I am just wondering is there anything I...

View more questions Search