Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sumiko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Pain in right shoulder
    The pain in my shoulder occurred when I was laying on my right side and trying to get out of bed. When I turned to straighten out, the pain just came out of nowhere and my right shoulder hurt like heck! I could not get up. I had to scoot my body to the foot of the bed to get up. It hurt so much I couldn't even more my head forward or back.
    My husband tried to massage the area and did some stretches. Helped after about an hour of doing this. He put one of those rubber massage balls under the pain site, but that only helped temporarily. The next morning the pain is still there, of course not as bad, but still can't move my head forward or back.
    What can it be? I know I probably moved funny while I was trying to get out of bed.
    But what can I do to relieve this irritating pain?
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 26, 2009, 12:30 PM

It doesn't sound like a muscle sprain or anything like that.
    It seems as if the Shoulder joint has a problem that has manifested acutely. A degenerative condition of the cartilage of the joint could manifest in this fashion, though rarely.

As such, it is better you get checked by a doctor, who would be able to rule out referred pain from the heart, as well.

You have posted in Senior Health section here, so I am assuming it might be an age-related problem, (hence my observations).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoulder PAIN [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a pain in my shoulder for about 8 months now. I went to bed one night push my body up to the pillow and my shoulder popped now it's had a burning pain ever sense. If I move my arm behind me and up it hurts any ideas. No I haven't been to the doctor yet.

Shoulder pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am having shooting pain down my biceps and I feel like its coming from my shoulder, what could it be?

Pain in shoulder [ 1 Answers ]

I have got a sharp pain on my shoulder blade it starts up during the night ,my hands get pins and needles as well ,it is on my right side ,but previous to this I had a stiff neck ,my g.p says its joint pain is this so or should I get a second opinion.:rolleyes:

Shoulder pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 75 years old female. I have started to feel a sharp pain below my left shoulder blade. What should I use for treatment. Thank you.

View more questions Search