Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finnigan fashion Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Urinary Trac infections
    What would cause a person to get Urinary Trac Infections every 4 months or so?
    I am always prescribed the same antibiotic Cipro for 7 days. My Dr. says it's nothing to worry about. However I still think it unusual .
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 02:05 PM

Urinary tract infections, left untreated can go to bladder, and then to kidneys. Bad news in the kidneys. Your doctor is so wrong.

Now, getting back to why you keep on getting UTIs. Very important not to wipe yourself back to front. UTIs are caused by bacteria such as E. coli that travel into the urethra, bladder, and sometimes the kidneys. If you have weak immune system this could be a downside to why you keep on getting UTIs.

Could be your body has become immune to this particular antibiotic if you are taking it every time you get a UTI.

Get another doctor who will treat this as a serious re-occurrence and just remember how to clean your peri area every time you shower and wipe yourself after going to the bathroom. Some people don't think this is important enough to bother about.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Very important not to wipe yourself back to front.
    I think Ms. Tick means wipe from front to back. ;)

UTIs are either lower (bladder infection) or upper (kidney infection). A lower UTI can become an upper UTI if not properly treated.

It may be time to change the antibiotic as it doesn't seem to be working and the bacteria can become resistant to Cipro.

Empty your bladder before and after sex. Drink lot's of water, don't "hold it" if you have to go to the bathroom, go as soon as you feel the urge.
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 03:12 PM

Hi guys, yes I know what you mean, but I did say NOT to wipe BACK TO FRONT. Meaning don't start at the back and wipe forward, that would be carrying any fecal matter towards the front. Basically the same thing as, wipe front to back :)

We all know what we mean.

Tick
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Apr 18, 2009, 03:20 PM

I agree that it isn't a good thing to have these recurrent infections every 4 months or so. Besides making sure you wipe front to back there are a few other things you can do to help make sure you aren't accidentally infecting yourself. Get up and empty your badder asap every time after having sex. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids every day. Make sure you empty your bladder completely every time you go to the bathroom. And I've heard that bubble baths also could cause problems for bladder infections in women.
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 04:25 PM

Well of course the bubble bath would carry all kinds of bacteria on top of the water.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Bubble baths do indeed aid in UTIs. The reason is that they dry up the vaginal canal and rinse away the normal flora. It is best to use only water on the vaginal area unless otherwise directed by your doctor. No douching either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 toyota sequoia,check engine light on,& trac off lighton.&vso trac light on. [ 16 Answers ]

2003 toyota seuoia. Check engine light on.and traco off light on as well as vso trac light on. I had in shop 4 weeks ago same problem they said it was gas cap not on tight, I tried that today but did not make light go off, help if you can thank you dan

Urinary tract infections ( UTI ) ? Prevent, cure, or treat? PIease heIp! [ 4 Answers ]

:( I have had recurrent or frequent what I think to be UTI's. They come and go every month or so... I will have blood in my urine, and the sensation to pee really bad but when I do it kind of burns and its only a couple drops. I did have medical insurance to go to a doctor, but I lost it as of sept...

2002 Ford Sport trac [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Ford Sport Trac and it keepls blowing break light switches. I repaced one 4 days ago and now it's blowin again... Help Please... :confused:

Can a Trac phone number be traced? [ 2 Answers ]

Someone is texting my son from a trac phone. The texts will not stop and some are inappropriate. Verizon said we cannot block the number. I did a reverse phone number search, but I haven't received a report yet. Is it possible to trace a trac phone number? Also can this be reported somewhere?

My endemetriosis and urinary tract infections [ 3 Answers ]

I have endemetriosis and I was diegniost with it now 7 years.ive been on depoprovera for about 4 years now and I was planning on going off it,my last injection was January,but was planning on taking it again cause I'm finding I'm getting bad urinary tract infections back and a lot of pain should I...

View more questions Search