Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Image of the "Shadow People"
    Hello there. I'm fairly new to this part of AMHD. Many of the threads refer to "shadow people." My question is...

Why would shadow people wear fedora hats?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Hello linnea:

Cause they're cool. Why wouldn't they wear 'em?

excon
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Nov 11, 2008, 03:47 PM

Same reason why they wear trench coats... to hide themselves and it gives them some kind of mystery... they are like spies... have you ever seen a good spy in a baseball cap and a bright yellow rain coat? Lol
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello linnea:

Cause they're cool. Why wouldn't they wear 'em?

excon
    Hello excon. :)

That's the best answer I've gotten so far.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Same reason why they wear trench coats... to hide themselves and it gives them some kinda mystery... they are like spies... have you ever seen a good spy in a baseball cap and a bright yellow rain coat?? lol
    Isn't it impossible to see their faces anyway?

If they're like spies, why aren't they famous for wearing sunglasses instead?

My question isn't why they would wear hats (although someone should be asking that). They could just as easily wear flat caps and bowlers.

Why fedora?
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Nov 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linnealand View Post
    Isn't it impossible to see their faces anyway?

If they're like spies, why aren't they famous for wearing sunglasses instead?

My question isn't why they would wear hats (although someone should be asking that). They could just as easily wear flat caps and bowlers.

Why fedora??
    Hmmm... maybe they saw one too many Indiana Jones movies?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 04:10 PM

Because its what's 'in' in shadowland at the moment
    I've walked through many a time and been laughed at just because I'm not wearing a hat, I mean talk about shallow
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 26, 2008, 03:00 PM

I wondered that myself. Here's my theory:

Way back when there was a movie/radio character called "The Shadow" who wore a fedora. Personally I think these creatures have funny-shaped heads, and when we humans see them in silhouette, our brains try to fit the image into something recognizable, and since many of us have seen pictures of The Shadow, we automatically hit on that.

I'm a lawyer in my day job. Having interviewed many witnesses of car accidents and such, I can tell you: When something unusual or sudden happens, the input we get from our five senses is even more chaotic and disjointed than usual, so the imaginative parts of our minds fill in the gaps. That's why you get such a variety of stories from a bunch of people who all saw the same event. In dealing with the paranormal and altered states of consciousness in particular, our brains take all the input and process it into symbols and recognizable images that our conscious self or ego can utilize.
    bpmystic Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 05:44 PM

Some people see this thing with a watch chain too. Kind of like the biker wallet chain. So it has that whole look going on. Lot's of people say this is the devil and the shadow guy without the hat is the grim reaper. I've never seen the one with the hat, but I've seen the other one many times. It still hasn't "taken" me yet though... so go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do we give speciffic people "Special Treatment", does it work? [ 7 Answers ]

Now first off, I'm not saying that these people are bad, wrong, or unacceptable. I'm not saying people should stop helping these people but, I'm saying if we might realize that we are all equal and that we are one of the same, maybe we could learn to get along and work together. I...

Name the song with lyrics "I love people born in the 80's" [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please help? :confused: This song is definitely current as it has been used on some TV link items - it is a male singer and the chorus keeps repeating "born in the eighties, the eighties"... The only other lyrics I caught when listening to the full track on the radio recently was...

Dale Carnegie's "Winning friends & influencing people" [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anybody out there who rates this seminal work as much as I do? I'm a company director and I'm always looking for inspiration. I was a bit doubtful about it because of its age but I now have the audio book in my car and listen to it often on the way to work to set me up for the day. I'd...

View more questions Search