Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amsterlona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Sore lump behind my ear
    Hi I have had a lump behind my ear for a while now. This is not the first time I have had it. In the past I have had them behind both ears. Sometimes they are sore sometimes they are not, sometimes large sometimes small. Too be honest they change every time I get them. This time it is very large and sore and I have had it for a couple of weeks now. I also get a fatty discharge that smells quite bad that comes from it. Do you know what this could be. I did go to the dr and he said it maybe an infection but gave me nothing for it and it has got worse since. If it is an infection why have I always got them, should I be worried
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 31, 2008, 08:53 PM

I can't say for certain if it's the same thing, but I have had these. They are generally behind my ear, or sometimes under the lobe. It runs in my family, because my mother and my sister have also had them. You may want to ask your family, and see if anyone else has had them.

Mine were sebacious cysts. They do come, and then disappear sometimes, and but they will always come back until they finally drain themselves, or go to the Dr. to have them drained. I have also gotten them under my brow bone, and my arm pits. They DO hurt when they get to the stage of starting to leak, and it does have a nasty odor.

They are harmless, but annoying and painful. I would however, ask your Dr. again or see a dermatologist just to make sure. It really does sound like the same thing I get though.

If they start to get too painful, and they don't release all of the fluid, you might have to go through surgery, which is what I had to do, with the one that was under my eyebrow, and kind of at the bridge of my nose.

You don't want to let it go too far without treatment. Although you wouldn't be able to see a scar behind your ear, if they start showing up in other places like mine, you end up with a scar that doesn't go away.

I hope that helped you a bit. See your Dr. again though okay? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Sore hip [ 8 Answers ]

Any folk remedies, home cures for a sore hip? It is almost certainly arthritic. I walk a lot and do Tai Chi, but it has definitely gotten sorer over last few weeks. Any ideas/diet suggestions on how to minimize discomfort/stop deterioration/heal? Thanks.

Sore and movable lump under arm pit [ 1 Answers ]

I believe I have an infected Lymphnode under my arm pit. Would heat help to hurry along the healing. I assume it is a lymphnode because it is movable and very sore (especially to the touch). Any advice? (I'm sorry if I spelled Lymphnode incorrectly)

View more questions Search