Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimmyJim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 08:16 AM
    Skin rash on genitals.
    So I have this rash on my penis and scrotum. I have only had it for a little while now.

It is almost like goose-pimples, and on the scrotum the are where my hair follicles are. If squeezed the secrete a very small amount of white puss, although it is not liquidy, almost paste like. I only just discovered this, as unless they are squeezed no puss, and even when they are squeezed it is a very smal amount.

I haven't had sex in a long time, so I don't think it is that. Any ideas?
    I don't want to go to the doctor if I can avoid it, it's a tad embarrassing to be honest.

I also have a large lump almost which I have had as far back as I can remember. This also secretes when squeezed, although I think I had this before I first had sex.

I would like to post pictures on here, but I don't know about the rules.
    I took a look and it didn't say that I shouldn't, but could I get some confirmation on this.

If you don't have useful input, please don't reply, as amusing as you may find this, the rules say not to mock, and so I trust you won't.

Thanks in advance...
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2006, 10:37 AM
    I understand your embarrassment, but consulting a doctor is probably the best thing to do. My husband is a doctor and is a member of this forum, but even he can't diagnose online. He can offer suggestions to you about what it might be, but ultimately he will tell you to see your own physician, even if you do provide photos.

That being said, what you have sounds like it could be sebaceous cysts. These are relatively painless, hard bumps or lumps just underneath the skin, varying in size, and quite often located around hair follicles. When squeezed they contain a pasty or cheesy looking discharge. Sometimes they can become tender, especially if you pick or squeeze them. There is also a danger of infection from squeezing them, in which case they will be very tender, spread and worsen. Continued picking of them can produce a large painful abscess which will need treatment. Personally, I've had them off and on for a few years in my genital region and upper thighs. I've learned to leave them alone. Generally they are harmless, but there is always a possibity of infection, and a physician should be consulted to rule out skin cancer, especially if you have a large or growing cyst. If you have a large lump that is really bothersome, a physician can remove it quite easily, but it's not uncommon for the cysts to recur.

So, please go have this checked out, just to be sure. Good luck!
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 28, 2006, 08:19 PM
    I got the spread it around message Chava, but this was a most excellent and very informative post! Great job!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Hi,
    As another answer said, go to a Doctor!
    I am 64, and finally, many many years ago, got up the nerve to see a Doctor about a similar issue! I am very, very glad I went, because it was just a mild infection, cured by prescription cream.
    Please go; I know you feel embarrassed, but Doctor's have seen a million of them (only kidding, maybe thousands.) LOL.
    You will have then have the peace of mind that you don't have the worst possible Sexual Disease you can imagine. Best wishes, and good luck.

May 29, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Yea, it looks like I will be off to the doctor.

OK, he is another issue. I am in the UK, and I am not an adult, I am a teenager.
    Can I book an appointment, see the doctor and get treatment without my parents knowing?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 29, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJim

OK, he is another issue. I am in the UK, and I am not an adult, I am a teenager.
    Can I book an appointment, see the doctor and get treatment without my parents knowing?
    That's easy, just ask the folks who answer when you phone to make your appointment! Laws differ in different places. Any brits here to comment?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 07:35 AM
    I think you need to be over 18 yrs of age
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJim

I'm not sure about the laws in the UK... here in Canada you need to be 16 to see a doctor without your parent's consent. However, you don't need consent at all if you go to a free anonymous clinic (such as an STD clinic). Do you have such clinics in the UK? I realize it's very likely NOT an STD in your case, but these clinics have qualified doctors and nurses, and could tell you what it is. It would be easiest of course to just go with your parent's permission (you don't necessarily need to tell them WHY), but if you are dead set against this, try to find a free clinic.

Good luck and take care, and I'm glad you are going to the doctor!

May 29, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Well I will phone the doctors surgery tomorrow and ask about it.
    Yes we have loads of STD health clinics here, so if need be I will head down there.

Thanks for your help guys (and gals), will keep you updated.
    This forum is a godsend...
    Mr. Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 08:40 AM
    Hi Jimmy,
    How about that update?:o Because I've got a similar problem, so I'm pretty curious: what did the doctor say and what do you have to do to get rid of the rash?
    I hope you'll answer, it would mean a lot to me..
    Cheers!
    gamerkid14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Yeah I have a similar problem to accept no large bump and I'm 14 and a virgin so don't know how I got it.

May 24, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Well I will update you.

I went to the doctor - which whilst uncomfortable for both me and the doctor was not as bad as I expected.
    And even though I am young I just phoned up and made an appointment on my own - my parents have had no involvement in this (thank god).

I turns out that the rash was just hair folicles and he said that it's just the way I am and nothing to worry about. After seeing the folicles, he also asked if I had little rough patches on the sides of my upper arms which I do. Not sure what that means but the guessed it without looking so there is obviously some kind of relationship between them.

I don't know if there is anything I can do about it, and whilst I would prefer I didn't have it it's the way I am it seems.

As for the larger lumps he said they were cists.

Gamerkid - go to the doctor. I put it off for months and months after making this post, but it will really relieve your worries which will otherwise be in the back of your mind, and it has improved my confidence greatly. You have got nothing to lose, nobody will ever know you went apart from you and your doctor.

If anyone has any insight into reducing the visibility of my hair follicles, or perhaps some info on the rough patch on the side of my arm that would be great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rash comes and goes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My 11 month old baby boy has had a fine red rash on his cheeks that comes and goes. It seems to really flare up when he's hot, after he wakes up, and sometimes after a bath. I've had doctors tell me that it's dry skin, and another one said my child was allergic to something. It's been...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Neck rash [ 8 Answers ]

A few years ago I began to notice a rash on one side of my neck. Today it has progressed to both sides of my lower face and down both sides of my neck. It is dark and splotchy. Any idea what might be causing this discoloration?

Rash [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning with huge whelts all over my legs. They don't itch but, to the touch they are huge. Can anyone tell me what this may be?

Skin rash [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My nephew gets this rash off and on It appears all over his body It disappears after he sleeps Sometimes his hands and lips swell Oil and salt water onlymake it worse It goes and comes in 2 days Why

View more questions Search