Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Does Anyone Wake With Dry Mouth
    I have had a sore throat condition for some time -- use cough drops to sooth it

But often wake up with dry mouth -- also have pflem in my throat

One other problem is the cough drops appear have caused dental problems

What helps me -- also hurts me -- Toothaches have affected my sleep

Has anyone else had a similar problem -- what can be done to help it :confused:
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Have you been drinking enough liquids?

Cough drops do cause dry mouth to a certain degree if you're sucking on it all day.

Try to take in more water during the day and try to avoid taking cough drops few hours before you sleep.

Get your sore throat checked out.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 02:37 AM
    I think I have been getting enough water -- but have rethough my situation

The dry mouth is not just a night thing if I am active I do have a dry mouth

Frequently -- and when I worked in a cold environment I had frequent sore

Throats -- then had an asthma type situation... I have been diagnosed as

Having COPD -- use a Proventil inhaler... Appreciate your help
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Are you rinsing your mouth after inhaler use?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 04:34 AM
    That explains a bit.

Proventil is known to cause dry mouth in certain cases, and on top of that, the cough drops aren't helping.

Try to increase your water intake if possible... if not, then perhaps you can use a vaporizer or humidifier to increase the moisture in the air in your room... if you don't have one, the simplest you can do is to wet some towels, wring it a bit, and then hang them throughout your room on hangers.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2008, 04:32 PM
    If you keep your furnace up that will dry your throat up some due to the dry heat.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:55 PM
    You have been diagnosed with COPD huh? Let me ask how many pillows you use to sleep? Do you sleep in a more sitting position? Is proventil the only med you take?

P.S. Cough drops are full of sugar, which will tend to dry your mouth out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Suffer from dry mouth [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking a medication called Metoprol OL SUC ER. I SUFFER FROM SEVERE DRY mOUTH ALTHOUGH AN ENT DOCTOR said I have plenty of saliva. My dentist says my saliva is very thick. I drink Plenty of water, spearmint tea which gives me some relief. I also suck on sugarless candy, and we have a...

Wake up spitting, Pee a lot, dry mouth? [ 2 Answers ]

I have come to believe I have dry mouth because I can't breathe through my nose enough so I sleep with my mouth open, also. When ever I wake up I need to cough stuff feels like from the bottom of my throat and spit it out, normally brown, yellow or white. Also when ever I drink things I have to pee...

Can't wake up [ 7 Answers ]

Help, my daughter can not wake up some mornings, she is a single mother, and has to be at work at 7am 5 days a week. Even with going to bed early, she will some mornings not hear the alarm clock, the phone ring, over and over, as I try to help wake her up.

Mouth Dry every time I wake up [ 11 Answers ]

I would like to know what does it mean when every time I weak up from sleeping my mouth is always dry. Its like I have to go run and get something to drink. Then on top of that I be feeling really bad. Can someone please email me back soon Thank You

View more questions Search