Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aiyanna67 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Blood clots during period
    Is it normal for a woman in her early 40's to have blood clots during her period?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Well, some clotting is normal during menstruation. Is there something else going on that's making you worry about this?
    aiyanna67 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55
    well, some clotting is normal during menstruation. is there something else going on thats making you worry about this?
    Yes there is other things going on, I have been extremely tired ( to the point of falling asleep during the daytime) my periods have always been very lite ( maybe 3 days at most) now they last 7-10 days and are very heavy. The clots are totally new , I have never had them before and some of them are as large as a Canadian Toonie. I guess
    My concern is that Im getting older and was worried something could be worng?
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 10:35 AM
    You should probably check in with your doctor and talk about these changes.
    kat25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 03:09 AM
    My thought for this is maybe you are going to go through menapause(sorry about the spelling) soon
    kat25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 03:10 AM

Hi, my thought on this is maybe that you might be having your last lot of periods before menapause... check with your doc though. Could be normal but you never know... maybe ring a health line or something first if you don't want to fork out the cash for the docs
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 12:15 PM

Kat, your answer is good. But did you notice that the question is almost 2 years old? And that the user doesn't seem to have ever come back since? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard blood clots during period after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

I had my miscarriage about 4 months ago. I had a D & C and have had two semi-normal periods since then. Just recently had a short period but have not gotten back to a regular monthly cycle yet. With this last period it lasted two days. After having sex with my husband, I started bleeding again...

Blood clots during heavy bleeding period [ 52 Answers ]

Is it normal to have large blood clots during the heaviest Bleeding period

Blood clots during period [ 1 Answers ]

Is it norman for a woman in her early 40's to have blood clots during her period?

Blood clots in a second heavier period [ 1 Answers ]

My period came on time but was a lot lighter and lasted only 5 days. Two weeks later, I got another period with more cramps and blood clots, lasted longer than a normal period too. What happened?

Blood Clots during my period [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on my period for a little over a week and I am having a lot of clots. Last month I experienced the same thing. What could be wrong and should I go to the emergency room?

View more questions Search