Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 12, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Small lump in eyelid
    My daughter has a small lump in her eyelid,what could this be?
    reccles Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Aug 12, 2007, 07:28 AM
    She may have a hordeolum (commonly known as a sty) which is a small abscess (bacterial infection) of the glands associated with eyelash follicles. A similar condition is a chalazion. The symptoms are about the same but a chalazion is not an active infection - simply inflammation. The initial treatment for both is warm compresses. Moisten a clean, folded washcloth with warm water and hold it gently against the eye for 5 minutes several times a day for several days. This will encourage a sty or chalazion to open a drainage channel, allowing any pus to drain away and restoring normal drainage from oil glands. Change the washcloth frequently, particularly as a sty drains. Pus should never be removed by squeezing. If improvement (not necessarily elimination) is not seen within a day or two, you should probably consult your physician.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 12, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Thanks for your answer ,I think it might be what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by reccles
    She may have a hordeolum (commonly known as a sty) which is a small abscess (bacterial infection) of the glands associated with eyelash follicles. A similar condition is a chalazion. The symptoms are about the same but a chalazion is not an active infection - simply inflammation. The initial treatment for both is warm compresses. Moisten a clean, folded washcloth with warm water and hold it gently against the eye for 5 minutes several times a day for several days. This will encourage a sty or chalazion to open a drainage channel, allowing any pus to drain away and restoring normal drainage from oil glands. Change the washcloth frequently, particularly as a sty drains. Pus should never be removed by squeezing. If improvement (not necessarily elimination) is not seen within a day or two, you should probably consult your physician.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small red lump [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and a virgin. I'm not concerned with an std, but am wondering if the small red lump/bump I found on about the middle of my penis shaft is anything serious? It seemed to appear out of nowhere. And I'm hoping its some kind of bug bite? There is a small cyst like lump under the skin of the bump...

Second eyelid exposed [ 1 Answers ]

My cat Peaches second eyelid coming out from the corner of her left eye is covering a part of her eye. The eye looks clear but a little puffy. Is there anything I can do for her at home? I love my cat dearly she is 12 years old and just got over being spider bit. She was shaved and lanced and...

Eyelid Lightening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody recommend a good skin lightener strong enough to lighten eyelids? I can't seem to find a thing. Thanks in advance

Complications with eyelid surgery - PUG [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My Abby had surgery done on her eyelid 8 days ago. She has only one stitch in her lower eyelid. Today she found a way to get out of Elizabethan collar, and rub her eyelid. It's now very swollen. Currently she is on oral and topical antibiotics. Does anyone know what I should expect at...

Small lump on skull [ 1 Answers ]

Just under my eye, on the bone that surrounds the eye, there is a very small lump, about a milimetre in length. If I apply pressure to it, I can feel pain, but I think that is just in the skin. It only appears on one side. I only noticed it recently, but it could have bee nthere for much longer. Is...

View more questions Search