Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Dark patch on cheek
    I am 60 yr old post menopausal women with (skin type 1V) had a small 1cm tiny light dark patch over my left cheek(driving side),which got much bigger post application of " Tri-luma" prescribed by dermatologist with no proper instructions for absolute sun avoidance. Since than I have under gone very expensive Fraxel laser therapy which made it much worse.

I was told that improper earlier Tri-luma therapy my skin pigment gone from superficial epidermal problem to treatment refractory mixed Melasma with involvement of epidermal and dermal.

My personal research on internet I read that "Mendalic acid" helps this problem without side affect what are products which carry this.
    Also a skin lightener compound "4-(1-phenylethyl)1,3-benzenediol" lighten the skin generally and 22 times more potent then Kojic acid. Do you know any skin lighting product carry this ingredient?
    I highly appreciate any informed suggestions and advice.
    Thanks
    R.hunza
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Tri-Luma is a strong prescription treatment that contains hydroquinone and corticosteroid, which can leave a blue-black darkening of the skin. People with sensitive skin should not use Tri-Luma. If you have melasma or hyperpigmentation, there are other ingredients that can treat it, such as kojic acid, tretinoin, mulberry or nicotinic acid. You should consider seeing another dermatologist. He/she can prescribe a treatment that's right for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

One dark red bump in cheek of mouth [ 29 Answers ]

This mourning I woke up with a pretty big, dark red colored bump inside my mouth on my cheek. I looks like a blood blister but isn't, its so dark it looks black. It looks to be perfectly round. I looked at pictures of hpv and they are all white and nothing like the color of the one in my mouth. ...

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

Red bump on the inside of my cheek [ 4 Answers ]

I woke up with a red bump on the inside of my cheek, the next day I had grown another one on the other side. They are not painful, but they are soft like jelly feel to them. I'm scared and need help.

Security patch ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a security patch and what is a patch manager? :)

View more questions Search