Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatdoido23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I've haven't had a normal period but this has lasted 7 days.
    This week is my expected week for my period but when I supposedly "started" all it was , was heavy dark dark red almost brown discharge and then the next day some regular looking blood but not like my period just a tiny bit and its been going back and forth like that for five days now... is that an abnormal period like a symptom / sign of pregnancy.?
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I'm not sure what it is. I've had something similar but it was 10 days too early for my period. It started as brown spotting and then it turned red and stopped almost immediately and then it was just light brown and mucousy. The next day I just spotted brown and then the next morning after that I bled a little bit like a period but it stopped by the afternoon and now I'm still spotting dark brown like old blood. Its been about five days sometimes it seems tinted with red but it doesn't last. Its still not time for my period so I'm just waiting it out.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Depending on how fast the blood flow is, how much time you spend laying or sitting, it could just be that the blood has been able to sit longer, and thus is a darker color at times. Also its not uncommon for a woman's periods to be lighter, heavier, shorter, longer, late, early, etc from time to time. It sounds normal to me. However, should the color continue to change, and should it have a foul odor, different from a usual menstrual flow, and you have severe pains, or just plain don't feel right about it, I would suggest you contact your doctor. I doubt that it is pregnancy, but if it would make you feel better, you could take a pregnancy test, just to be sure.
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jun 28, 2007, 09:08 AM
    I went to the er last night because I just couldn't take the on/off bleeding. It's a very light flow but dark and has been going on for the past 7 days even today it shows no sign of stopping. The ER docs told me that I'm not pregnant but they don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know either and its frustrating. I've never had an early period or one that lasted more than 7 days. I guess I'll just have to wait it out if it doesn't let up soon I'll go back to the doctors.
    AliMarGoo Posts: 72, Reputation: 13

Jun 28, 2007, 09:41 AM
    When this lets up, or if it doesn't let up soon, then make an appointment with a gynecologist. I had this problem too before, and they discovered that I had cysts. There can be many causes for irregular periods. Too many to actually guess at. If it continues to be bothersome or if it gets worse, then please see your gyn. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Brown discharge.haven't had period yet [ 4 Answers ]

Im a teen and I haven't had my period yet, I noticed a brown discharge and a little blood with that... does this mean I am getting my period or is it something else? :confused:

My period has lasted longer than normal. =/ [ 3 Answers ]

Egh. So my period normally lasts 5-6 days ish. Never longer. I'm 15. About 2 weeks ago I started on birth control. And a few days later, a Sunday, my period started. A week and 3 days have gone by and Im still bleeding! It's not super heavy, just kind of regular. Should I be worried?

Why haven't I gotten my period back? [ 3 Answers ]

I had a c-section 2/06 and I had bleeding for a while... it stopped then I believe I got a period after the bleeding stopped,then these past four months I haven't had a period and I'm not pregnant.. I took a test.what could be wrong? Is it due to the surgery?

I've had a BAD past 2 days guys... [ 17 Answers ]

I hung out with "the girl" last night with a bunch of friends, and lets just say it did NOT go well. I can totally tell now that her friend is the cause for ALL of this, so that got me in a huff last night. This morning I woke up and was told my dog died, and to top it all off... I just got...

View more questions Search