Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdavis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Genital bumps
    About once every month or two I get these bumps on the outside of my vagina. They are a little smaller than a dime. They don't hurt unless I squeeze them and I get 1 or 2 at a time. I was tested for STDs and everything came back fine? Should I get a second opinion? What could this be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
    A couple of questions before I decide how to proceed if you do not mind.

Do you shave there? Are you all shaved, partially shaved or not at all.

Secondly, Do you spend a lot of time in the water, such as swimming?

I will know where to proceed from there.

Jul 16, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Yes, I do shave there. However, I have not shaved there lately. The bumps do not itch or anything. And they are the color of my skin. They stay a week or two then go away. And no I don't spend a lot of time in water.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2006, 02:30 PM
    Okay, you were tested for STDs, including herpes that came back negative. I am beginning to believe that this may be something more like ingrown hairs.

Jul 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Would bumps from ingrown hairs be about the size of a dime? I have 2. Both have gotten a little smaller. They do not seem to spread or anything or leak any kind of puss or anything like that. And I have never paid attention the other times that I had them but it is that time of month. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. However, they appeared about 1 week before my period came on. I would also like to know how I would know if I have a yeast infection or not. As far as I know, I have never had one. Thanks a lot.
    Expert

Jul 18, 2006, 05:08 AM
    A yeast infection causes pain and itching in the vaginal area, if you are a woman you cannot mistake a yeast infection.

I would recommend you go to your doctor to have these checked out.
    clairrothmund Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Sounds like a cyst or cysts.. the doctor cuts and drains it.. I think it comes from hormones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal bumps [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: I have some vaginal bumps that I noticed the other day. They are spread throughout the vaginal area, none inside that I know of. They do itch somewhat, but I think that is because they are irritated. I am sexually active and didn't notice them till after intercourse one night with my...

Genital bumps [ 3 Answers ]

I have a history of yeast infections, as does my mother. They usually itch intensely and last several days. A few days ago I started to itch but this time I have several small bumps on the inside of my labia. The hood of my clitoris is also swollen on the side where I itch the most. I do shave down...

Bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I notice on the side of my thigh at my bikini line a bump I was just wondering if it is pilar cyst. This mostly happen when I shave or wear really tighy jeans. Help anyone.

Vaginal Bumps [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started birth control and it caused me to have my period for an extended period of about 3-weeks, during this time I went on a trip to Mexico. I was in a wet swimsuit every day for 7 days in a row, so when I returned I didn't think anything about it when I began to notice a few small...

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search