Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jan 11, 2012, 03:28 PM
    I think I may have insomnia. What's the best route to go down?
    For months and months at a time since I was about 15 (I'm now 20) I've had many difficulties sleeping. I go to bed and wake up at the same time every day and I removed my computer and television from my room. I have a small lamp on the other side of the room for when I don't want my main light on when reading, etc. And I have blackout curtains. There is no noise or light in my room at night and I'm perfectly snug in my bed but I just can not get to sleep well and when I do I sleep for very brief periods, waking up every one or two hours. I've been to my doctor and he wasn't really much help, told me to see a councilor (cognitive behavioral therapy) but I really just do not have the time to do that every week, I'm a full time student. I wake up feeling exhausted and I have a terrible habit of dozing off in my lectures and at various times of the day. I have had a history of severe depression, self harm and suicidal ideation so I'm hesitant in asking to try either stimulants to keep me awake during the day or sedatives to help me at night. I can just about cope at the moment but at certain points throughout the months I can go a few days without sleeping and I've changed my lifestyle a lot to see if they were causing problems; I no longer smoke cannabis, I do not smoke at least 4/5 hours before "bedtime", I very rarely drink alcohol, I don't drink tea/coffee/sugary drinks and I exercise. What can I do!?

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have Insomnia? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. I'm 13, I think I have insomnia. I can almost never get to sleep. I can almost never get back to sleep if I wake up during the night. And I just don't feel like a normal sleeper. My brother, we think, has it, we think my mom has it. So I don't know if I do. I have talked to my parents about...

Insomnia ? [ 2 Answers ]

How does one fight insomnia ?

Do I have Insomnia? [ 2 Answers ]

For as long as I can remember I have had troubles falling asleep. It would take me hours to fall asleep and then when I'd finally go to sleep I'd wake up about 2 hours later. I would try to go back to sleep but again it takes me hours to fall asleep and it repeats all through the night. When I wake...

Insomnia - How to Sleep? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone, and thank you in advance for viewing and responding to this post. I have had sleeping problems for the last few years, however its gotten uncontrollable lately. For example, its 6:25am now and I haven't slept yet. I'm doing this every night, and then I'm not functional for...

Am I on insomnia? [ 5 Answers ]

I can't sleep mostly and even I am in bed I can't relex or got a deep sleep. I got a very sound sleep last 2 year but now I can't get much sleep as I am on totally preure and stress. Even though I close my eyes, it drag me at least two or three hours to get a lettle and when I got totally relax,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.