Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrightsteves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:17 PM
    My lawn mower 5.5 horse power craftsman
    My son was mowing the front lawn when the moter locked up and I could not pull the string to get it started then I finally got it then it did it again now I can turn the blade but it will not start and seems to tight. What happened?
    toddol1971 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Sep 12, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Sounds like a broken crank or connecting rod. Did it run without oil?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Sounds like you may be in the market for a new mower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower [ 2 Answers ]

My brother gave me his old lawn mower, and whenever I ask him a question about it, his response is "Figure it out Blondie". Im not a dumb blonde and Ive figured out most of the controls, excep two. One is a screw knob on the left hand side of the sterring wheel, and the other is a long metal stick...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Lawn mower - Craftsman 6.0 [ 3 Answers ]

My push lawn mower had been running fine until this week. I pull the cord and the lawn mower starts for a second or two and then shuts off. I changed the gas, oil, and airfilter. Not sure what else to do. Looking for any trouble shooting pointers.

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

View more questions Search