Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willies_gurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Distributor cap gasket
    My 1990 Nissan Sentra XE sounded out of time, so when we got a mechanic to look at it, he said it was all in time but he found oil in the distributor. We bought a new distributor o'ring and he said that it would fix it. Does this sound about right to you?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2010, 11:15 AM

Yes, if it's the O-ring on the end of the distributor shaft. Be sure to coat it with clean engine oil, prior to installation.

No, if it's the large distributor cap O-ring. This O-ring is used to keep moisture out of the distributor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

88 honda civic distributor cap [ 0 Answers ]

88 honda civic put water on engine now car lacks power could problem be distributor cap is wet what should I do

I got a 91 civic I changed the cap dirsderb roter,plugs,wires,valve cover gasket,seal [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 91 civic I changed the cap dirsderb roter,plugs,wires,valve cover gasket,seals,and still the car don't want to run good. Once I turn it on after a few minutes the check engine light turns on then when I drive it I could only pick up the speed to 75mph. When I shift in the gears I can't rev...

I have a 1994 camry le I replaced the distributor,spark plugs,cap,rotor,fuelpump,igni [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1994 camry le . I replaced the distributor,spark plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuelpump,and ignitor. Still I have no spark to the engine. Sometimes it will crank but when you shut it off for a wile , or over night it will not start. It turns over but will not crank. Help help help!!

Can I put a ICM from a OBD2 distributor into a OBD1 distributor on a honda [ 1 Answers ]

Can I put a ICM from a OBD2 distributor into a OBD1 distributor on a honda civic

Source - Gas Cap Gasket 2000 GM [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a gas cap gasket for a 2000 Impalla instead of a $29 gas cap. I'm also not sure if replacement caps come with a tether. I'm not sure how removed. Cut and insert a new one tether in a one way type mode? It looks like an O-ring, but isn't. Looks like 2 1/8 OD, 2 1/16 ID and...

View more questions Search