Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtravis541 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Raffle ticket chance
    With one prize.. chances when one prize, 1 ticket out of 300 versus 2 tickets out of 600?
    roberto valdez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 09:02 PM

you just divide it, the probability of winning when there are 300 tickets is 1/300=0.0033 for both cause the other one the division is the same
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 09:27 AM

If you know that there is exatly one winning ticket then the probabilities are the same, as Roberto said. Similarly, if you are sure that when you buy two tickets they are not the same ticket, then again the odds are as he said. However, if there's a chance that there are duplicate winning tickets then your odds go down a smidge if you buy 2 out of 600versus 1 out of 300, because you might actually buy two winning tickets and yet win only 1 prize (depending on the rules of the raffle).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

501(c)3 Corporation Raffle Rules [ 1 Answers ]

Located in California, we are a 501(c)3 corporation who has been approached to sponsor a raffle for a 'green' automobile, with interested parties donating $100 for a humanitarian project in India. Expected receipts are in the range of $300k. We realize that, because the donation is not given...

Raffle tickets, odds when buying more than one ? [ 1 Answers ]

This is a for real raffle, 129000 tickets will be sold, 7400 prizes will be awarded. If you Buy one ticket, you have a 1 in 18 chance of winning a prize. If I bought 3 tickets, would The odds change very much or still be about the same ? Thanks in advance for responding!!

Probability on raffle draw. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help, I have put all the birth dates from the last 75 years in draw and twice a day I pick a winner. Assuming I have 22000 members of which 400 visit my establishment every day-you have to be in the building at the time of the draw to win if not it rolls over. Can anyone tell me what...

Raffle taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I recently won a large cash raffle. Of course, I want to get the taxes paid now to avoid any penalties for underpayment. Here are the details: It was a 50/50 raffle, cash prize was declared to be $15,000 The organization is a tax-exempt entity. They hold a similar raffle 6-8 times per year...

Traffic Ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,this question involves getting a speeding ticket,and when the officer drove off he did not ask me to sign the ticket,is this ticket a vaiid ticket now,as I have the green copy with out my signauteur on,so there will not be a signature on the white copy,I live in the state of Washington,thank,s

View more questions Search