Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koreankoshi1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Pre-calculus
    Can anyone tell me about pre-calculus? I am planning on taking that in high school. I heard that it really hard,but I'm up for the challenge! Can you inform me about,please?:D
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 01:46 AM
    I think that as you get to the more advanced stages of math, you find more and more interesting things that you can do with it. Yes it gets harder but it also its more interesting.

A lot of the topics in pre-calc are not too hard, they are quite new though, so they might take some time and some thinking to get your head around them. It's very useful if you have a good teacher who is good with questions etc.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Yes, pre-calc is hard, but if you made it through the other math classes, you will be primed for another challenge. Pre-calc was not available until my senior year - we had to follow the math track of algebra I, algebra II, stats, geometry, trig, and pre-calc and then calc. I do remember being a student mentor in the algebra classes but needing a student mentor for pre-calc.

Here is a site for pre-calc. Pre-Calc/Calculus - Math for Morons Like Us
    A tutorial for pre-calc. http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual....s/0/index.html
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Plus we're here to help if you ever get stuck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whoa, I need help. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 years old and I'm going to be a Junior in High School this year, so that leaves me with one more year to decide what I want to study in College. The problem is, I can't decide what I would like to do. I've been considering a career with computers and everyone knows I like learning how...

View more questions Search