Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JennMACmama Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Solve this math equation?
    -3/14 divded by 1/2 times -3/7

AND the second problem is:

A large department store held a big sale, with all clothing at 35% off, all jewelry @ 75% off, and electronics @ 25% off. It added a 6% sales tax to jewelry and electronics purchases only.

Andre purchased a VCR originally priced @ $269.97, two $56 shirts, and a $109 necklace.
    What was the total bill?

I just can't figure them out and I'm in the middle of doing homework and yeah these are my last problems. :D Thanks SO much.
    exseabee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 02:04 PM
    -3/14 divided by 1/2 times -3/7 You first multiply the 1/2 times the -3/7 which equals
    -3/14. Now you have -3/14 divided by -3/14. You make the second -3/14 into -14/3
    and change the divided by sign to multiplied by. Now the equation reads -3/14 times
    -14/3. When you multiply this across, this equals -57/-57 which divided into each other
    is equal to a positive 1. ( Two negatives equal one positive) HOPE that helps.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Multiply -3/14 by the reciprocal of 1/2. Then multiply that answer by -3/7.

Determine what 25% of $269.97 is. Then deduct that from the $269.97. Next, multiply $56 by 2, determine 35% of that and deduct it. Now, determine 75% of $109 and deduct that from the $109. Lastly, add the reduced costs of the VCR and the necklace, determine 6% of that and add that on. Then add all of your costs.

To determine a certain percent of something, change it to its decimal equivalent and multiply. To determine its decimal equivalent, shift the decimal point 2 places to the left.
    JennMACmama Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Thanks for yalls replys. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solve [(86400*n^2)/2^n]<1 solve n [ 3 Answers ]

Could you Please solve this problem <1 solve n

Business Math equation- Solve for n [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I run across this a lot at work and I haven't been able to figure it out. A customer pays a total of 15 dollars for an item. Sales tax is 10%. What was the original price of the item before taxes. I know the formula is as follows and using all of my high school alg. Has only gotten...

Solve a math equation [ 2 Answers ]

3(x-6)=(2x-7)/4. I don' t know how to solve this one. Please help me

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

See if you can solve this; it's a linear equation [ 1 Answers ]

Your teacher is giving you a test worth 100 points containing 40 questions. There are 2-point and 4-point questions on the test. How many of each type of question are on the test? Is this right: the equation is 2x+4y=100 over x+y=40 I got: 2x+4y=100 -2(x+y)=40)

View more questions Search