Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sallyluvztyler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Tropical rain forest
    i'm doing a project over the tropical rain forest and i can't find any examples of parasitism? PLEASE HELP! :)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Parisitism is the relationship between two species in which one benefits at the expense of the other. Ectoparasites live on the body surface of the host; endoparasites live in their hosts' organs, tissues, or cells and often rely on a third organism (the carrier, or vector) to transmit them to the host. The cuckoo and cowbird practice brood parasitism, laying eggs in other birds' nests to be raised by the foster parents. In social parasitism, one type of animal parasitizes animals of the same type (e.g. one ant species on different ant species). Hyperparasitism occurs when parasites are parasitized (e.g. protozoans hyperparasitize a flea on a dog).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tropical Ocean Slime Bag Creature - What is it? [ 4 Answers ]

I encountered a strange creature (or plant?) in shallow, calm, beachy waters in the Florida keys. It looked like a balloon or bag, about 4 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, filled with pale brownish slime, and it seemed to be dug in or attached to the sand at one end. Does anyone know what...

Capital Forest [ 1 Answers ]

Which should be considered as Capital Expenditure? 1 - Pure research 2 - Applied research 3 - Development expenditure 4 - Machinery for research I am revising my syllabus because EXAM IN JUNE.

Captain Forest or Everyone [ 2 Answers ]

I've posted some question but still couldn't fine the answer. Can anyone help me?

Inventory Figure/Captain Forest or EVERYONE [ 3 Answers ]

My pray 4 everyone... GOD INCREASE EVERYONE'S KNOWLEDE Hi, I'm revising my syllabus because exam in June. Can someone will help me for this. In the year ended 31 Dec 2008 BB made a GP of $72,000 on sales of $200,000. In the following year its sales increased by 20% and its gross...

View more questions Search