Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2013, 08:09 AM
    T. V. Problem question
    My set is 10 years old. I hesitate changing it because it has built-in slots for CDs, etc. However, more and more I am noticing a black line at the top of the screen and the bottom, especially when watching an old movie or recently some ads. I assume it's time to buy a HD, wide screen set to avoid this.
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2013, 08:18 AM
    If its 10 years old, it probably is an old tube type TV. TVs have definitely advanced greatly in the last 10 years. You can probably get a decent LED/LCD TV and a home theatre receiver (for your CDs) for a decent cost. What is your budget?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 7, 2013, 08:25 AM
    For under $1400, you can get an LG or Samsung (two of the best these days) 55" LED TV with a Blue Ray player (separate box).
    LEDs use practically no electricity. Mine is 130 watts. Never even gets warm. If your TV is on a lot, it's a big savings.
    Mine even has wifi from my computer, although I haven't used it yet. I plan to drop cable TV in the next few months to get rid of outrageous fees. Several companies are starting to take over TV channel distribution, which I consider practically a scam, a bunch of dinosaur middle-man distributors all taking their cut of a pie that isn't even needed anymore.
    You can easily spend less than I did!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Furnace Question/Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I turned my furnace on for the first time this year. The furnace starts running but burner does not kick on. It shuts off and starts over again. I noticed three blinking red lights. Any suggestions?

Helix piercing problem and question [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 upper carilitage ear piercings. I have had these two gosh four saken holes for about 10 years and I kid you not I have never not had a problem with them. Would I be better off to just let them grow over and have two new ones (only have the holes made by needle on the upper curve rim of...

Physics problem. Ask the question [ 2 Answers ]

A car of weight W = 11.5 kN makes a turn on a track that is banked at an angle of θ = 22.3°. Inside the car, hanging from a short string tied to the rear-view mirror, is an ornament. As the car turns, the ornament swings out at an angle of φ = 29.5° measured from the vertical inside the car. What...

Not a real problem, just a question to make you think? [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I had a friend at work ask me this and I'm passing it on here. Suppose you married your high school sweetheart and were married happily for 25 years. The marriage produced one child. Then one day after 25 years your spouse suddenly died. After the greiving period you met and married...

Itunes (ipod) problem, and question [ 6 Answers ]

I have an iPod which obviously uses itunes. I have successfully downloaded up to 1000 songs, both from my old cd's and from itunes, etc. Today I was trying to download 10 cds I borrowed from the library. One of them, just was giving me problems. The import icon wouldn't come on (just the browse...

View more questions Search