Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Apr 2, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Molar Volume
    Hello,

Could someone please tell me how to easily calculate the molar volume of a substance?

I read that I must first find the molar density of the substance so that I can calculate its volume.

A formula would be very helpful.

Also, is there an easy way to calculate the volume or space (sorry I'm not sure) of a gas using the mole unity?

Thank you for your help,

-Xm8
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XM8 View Post
    Hello,
    Could someone please tell me how to easily calculate the molar volume of a substance?

Also, is there an easy way to calculate the volume or space (sorry I'm not sure) of a gas using the mole unity?
    The molar volume of a substance is simply the volume that one mole the (pure) substance occupies. Look up the density of the material (usually liters/gram or mL/gram). If you multiply "liters/grams" by "grams/mole" (the molecular weight), "grams" will cancel out and you'll have liters/mole -- the molar volume.

If you have a gas, use the ideal gas law. One mole of an ideal gas (you can calculate this from the ideal gas law) occupies 22.4 liters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Molar Enthalpy [ 3 Answers ]

Wat is a molar enthalpy!! Thanks :D

Molar Mass [ 2 Answers ]

WHat is the molar mass of c6h12o6?

Molar mass [ 1 Answers ]

:) how do you find how many atoms are in 1 mole of an element on th periodic table? Help me please :)

Molar Enthalpy [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the standard molar enthalpy of combustion for acetic acid?

View more questions Search