Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    werji Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 02:54 PM
    IMA, AMA and Efficiency of the jack?
    It takes a 60 lb force on a jack to lift a quarter (a corner) of a 2000 lb car. The force is applied over a distance of 10 inches and the car's corner moves up one half inch.
    Calculate IMA, AMA and Efficiency of the jack?
    stingRay18 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by werji View Post
    It takes a 60 lb force on a jack to lift up a quarter (a corner) of a 2000 lb car. The force is applied over a distance of 10 inches and the car's corner moves up one half inch.
    Calculate IMA, AMA and Efficiency of the jack?

The effort distance is 10 inches and a resistance distance of 0.5 inches you can find the IMA.

The resistance force is one quarter of the 2000 pound car which is lifted and the effort force is 60 pounds calculate the AMA and then the efficiency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Energy efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

What is the energy efficiency of the following appliances: 1) Ceiling Fan 2) Air Conditioner 3) Refrigerator 4) Washing Machine Please give the answer in percentage?

Furnace efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Concord hi efficiency furnace (125 BTU). It is piped with 3-inch supply and 3-inch exhaust rather than the 2-1/2 inch as recommended in the installation manual. Will this affect the efficiency?

Efficiency [ 3 Answers ]

1. A 100w light bulb produces 8w of light What happens to the other 92w?

Lighting efficiency [ 3 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone can speak in generalities about lighting efficiency. My recollection is that High Pressure Sodium is the highest efficiency, with the most photons in the visible spectra per watt. Where do flourescents, CFL, metal halide, etc. fit in? Let's ignore spectra of the...

View more questions Search