Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chempro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Find displacement
    A rock is dropped from rest into a well.

a. the sound of the splash id heard 2.40s after the rock was relaesed from rest. How far below to top of the well is the surface of the water? 9speed of sound in air at ambient temperature is 336m/s)

b. what if? If the travel time for the sound is neglected what percentage error is introduce when the depth of the well is calculated?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:50 AM
    How would you solve these questions? We can't do your work for you? What equations do you think are relevant?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Displacement Reaction [ 2 Answers ]

OK... I did this experiment combining magnesium ribbon and zinc chloride. Unless I'm mistaken the equation looks like this: Mg (s) + ZnCl2 (aq) ---> MgCl2 (aq) + Zn (s) However, during the experiment the reactants effervecsed. Was this chlorine gas before it recombined with magnesium or...

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Distance and displacement [ 3 Answers ]

A car travels one fourth of a circle with radius r. find the ratio of the distance to its displacement

Single Displacement Reactions [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this is my last question, I promise! If a reaction should occur complete the word equation. If the reaction should not occur, put a slash through the arrow. I) magnesium + sodium chloride --> ii) chromium + nickel(II) oxide --> iii) barium + calcium chloride --> iv) bromine +...

Double Displacement and such [ 1 Answers ]

LiOH(aq) + Fe(NO3)3(aq) ? Al(s) + O2(g) ? Pb(s) + ZnCl2(s) ? Rb(s) + Zn(NO3)2(aq) ? Rb(s) + Zn(NO3)2(aq) Any help would be appreciated

View more questions Search