Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djcartel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:22 PM
    find exact values of a trig function
    Here we go, Find sin2a, cos2a, and tan2a given tan(theta)= -24/7. OK, I know sin2a=2sin a cos a and tan x=sin x/cos x, and tan also =y/x. Knowing that the first thing I did was r=sqrt of -24^2+7^2 which =625. 625 is going to be my denominators for sin2a and cos2a. If possible can someone show me a step by step way of doing this so I may apply those steps with the rest of my homework??
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2007, 11:15 AM
    You've found r, so now you can determine sin(theta) and cos(theta). Now just plug these values into the formulas. You know sin 2a = 2*sin a*cos a. Also, cos 2a = cos^2 a - sin^2 a. Lastly, tan 2a = (sin 2a)/(cos 2a).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Avogadro's number -- how exact is it? [ 2 Answers ]

I seem to recall that Avogadro's number is 6.02 x 10^23. How exact is this number and how is it derived?

How can I tell the exact date I got pregnant. [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound crazy but I really need help. I had sex with my boyfriend sometime between April 1-5. I had ran into my Ex and had sex with him sometime in March.. maybe around the 11th. My due date has been set to Dec. 25. I am just trying to figure out if there is an exact way to figure out...

How to find unique values in an entire column [ 10 Answers ]

hi all please tell me how can I findout the unique values in an entire coloumn. for example I have 3 coloumn in an sheet. Name Prod. Value a 24 100 b 26 240 a 33 120 a 21 200

Burning an exact copy [ 2 Answers ]

I burned a copy of my Windows95 disk so I would have a spare in case of damage to the original. Yet the copy will not boot by itself the way the original does. Why is this?

View more questions Search