Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svega79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 11:09 AM
    How can I tell if my house is haunted?
    I moved into my new home in July of 2007 with my two kids and husband. From the beginning, I would be hearing noises about the same time every night, about 12am. I would here a sound of like two people running down the stairs, and a door closing, kind of like the sound of my food pantry door closing, but with a rush force, not just closed gently. At this time me and my kids would be in bed. My husband has been travelling for work since we lived in our new home. He is gone Mon- Thurs. I have told him about it, and he has also heard it once. The same sound with the door and running down the stairs. I woke him out of his sleep so he could hear it. This mostly lasts about 10 seconds.

Now more lately, there has been more noises added to that, I would here my forks and spoons moving, I leave them on the counter once they are dried. I would also hear one of my cabinets closing in my kitchen. I have also had my sister visit me and she brought it to my attention that she heard running down the stairs but this was mid day and my kids and I were out. Also my small dog has been barking uncontrolably the last couple of nights, but when I go down to get her she stops and then looks to the wall as she sees something. This is really freaking me out so much. What can I do?:( :( :( :( :( :eek:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Sounds like you might have a ghost.
    They are most likely harmless and more annoying than anything.

You need to find someone that can get rid of ghosts.

You can do things like tell them to go to the light and use sea salt, oil, holy water around the house but I don't know much about that stuff.
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 11, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Everything can be explained, yet sometimes it's an explanation that defies logic; of course it's a matter of finding the truth of these disturbances, based on facts rather than assumptions. However it is possible.

In that case you would have to decide what you want to do with this situation - do you want to "cleanse" the house, in which case you might try to find someone with some expertise in excorcism/occultism/paganism, or do you want to accept this other presence? In some case, simply asking it to leave because you feel uncomfortable can be enough.

Keep in mind though that ghosts are exactly that: lingering presenses of the past without physical shape... and with that in mind, how can they possibly harm us? Not unless you want them to be... past is past after all, their time is gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

ohkk... so i moved into this house w/ my family about three years ago. i've been reading up about haunted houses and i saw that a lot of the stuff they say on those sites (and on this site) is happening to me. some of my stuff has gone missing. my dog barks at nothing.. increasingly often.( and its...

Is my house haunted [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, me and my sister think our house is haunted, but our parents think we're crazy. When we take our baths thing fall off the shelves and almost hit our heads, when my little sis says that people help put on her show, (shes 4 years old) then once I was getting her ready and the TV turned on then...

Is my house haunted [ 6 Answers ]

:eek: I was sitting in my room folding close and my stand up fan came on full by its self when I went to look the botton was pushed in all the way. I think it might be a ghost but notthing like this ever happened before.:eek:

How can I tell if my house is haunted [ 4 Answers ]

How can I tell if my house is haunted

Haunted house [ 7 Answers ]

How do I know my house is haunted?:confused:

View more questions Search