Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bellasmom Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2007, 04:27 PM
    How to keep my marriage together
    Here's a short story to go with my question? My husband and I have been married for three years and our daughter has just turned one. He recently go ta new job and is having to study at home. I thought that since he got this new job things would be better. Oh boy was I wrong. Not only do I not get to see him but I can't get him to help me out not even a little. I understand that I am a stay at home mom, but when I ask him to keep our daughter for one hour I just wish that he would. What should I do? I feel like my marriage is hanging on by a thin thread.:( :eek:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Make your schedule around your child, and get that hour when she sleeps, or is in bed. Honestly if that's all you have to worry about I can't see why your marriage is hanging on by a thin thread. There has to be other things going on.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 17, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Some men just don't want to help around. Don't make it an issue to lurk in your heart. You can talk it to him that you need some time to yourself and make him understand how you feel. Strategy is to stay cool... he'll come around.. when he knows what u want but without much yankering. Be patient... marriages don't break with such things... and I hope u don't have anything drastic going on there...
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 17, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Your husband started a new job and has to study at home...
    So he is also working hard to improve his family's life... right ?
    A marriage does not go bad because of the fact that you can't have just 1 hour for yourself... sorry, it sounds as if there is a part of the story lacking...

I really hope that this is not the reason that your marriage is in danger...
    If so, then it's a sad thing.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about my marriage? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife of 6 years recently brought up tha fact that she has had feelings that she may not be in love with me anymore. She said she loves me vey much however. Ever since our 4 year old daughter was born her sex drive has gone down, not until this year did I mention to her that fact. She says she...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Will my marriage last? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my D.O.B is 12-17-1983 am getting married in 2 months I want to know if my marriage will last /will I have any children ?and how many ?and is my fiancé cheating on me?my email address is [email protected] Please Help!! :( :( :( :(

Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=24811 The above link is a question about money in a relationship. It turned into a religious discussion by one member. My question is: Are all marriages considered to be "religious ceremonies"? A marriage in a Church is usually considered a...

View more questions Search