Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlemama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
    How to go about getting custody
    I Am A 26 Year Old Female In Need Of Help To Go About Getting Custody Of My Five Year Old Son. A Year And A Half Ago I Was In A Very Abusive Marrige I Was Getting Ready For Baby Three I Was Due In Jan In Nov My Husband Had One Of His Fits Or Spells And Grab Med By The Neck And Throw Mr Down The Stairs I Lost The Baby That Night He Showed Up At My Moms With The Police To Pick Up Our Other 2 Kids So My Mom Only Had To Give Him One By Law Other Not His So My Son Had To Go To His Dads With Him Scarded Cause He Hurt Mommy During This Time In The Hospital Having A To Start Labor To Get The Dead Baby Out He Went Down And Filed For Full Custody While Redcoving From This He Came To The Hospital And Had Me Sign Papers For Are Sons School Well After I Read Them I Signed Still Thinking There For The School Then He Had The Police Deliver Custody Paper To Our House Where He Told Them That Was The Last Place He Knew How To Reach Me . Big Lie And Stoll My Son From Me Then From Then Till Know I Can't Have Anything To Do With My Baby. I Lost Both My Baby's At The Same Time:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
    You hire an attorney and sue in family court

But I have to say , he threw you down a flight of stairs, and you did not call the police when he came to see you in the hospital ? And why did he not go to jail for that ? That should be murder or manslaughter of the unborn child in every state I know of.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 01:15 AM
    I hope you will try to give us some more details here. I am in shock!
    momtofour Posts: 48, Reputation: 16

Apr 26, 2007, 06:24 AM
    My husband was drunk one night and placed a plastic bag over my face and started choking me. He did this while our 2 month old child was in the bassinet at the end of the bed. I called the police, had him arrested, and filed for an immediate restraining order. This restraining order is still in place and he is facing charges of attempted murder. There is no place for that in anyone's lives.

Why did you not call the police when he threw you down the stairs? Without charges there is not record that the incident ever occurred. Hire and attorney and see what he/she has to say.
    47yo Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 11:34 AM
    If you can't afford a lawyer, you can file a restraining order on your own. What state are you in? You can go to the courthouse - they usually have some self-help references and there are domestic violence agencies that will help - usually for free. And usually it's not necessary to have a "record" (police report, or whatever), although they certainly help. Did you tell the hospital how you fell down the stairs? Most states have mandatory reporting of that kind of thing.

Anyway, you may be able to ask for custody in the restraining order. I'm not clear on whether you signed papers sayign he could have custody of your son, but if you did, you may be able to file a motion to set that aside based on fraud, duress, etc. But go to your local courthouse and see what free/low cost options are available to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody or the lack of custody [ 4 Answers ]

My sons father and I have never gone to court to determine custody. Well he just told me that he is sending my son in a week out of state to his grandmas for 6 weeks. I do not agree with that. Two weeks would have been OK. He already bought the ticket. Is there anyway I can legally stop...

Custody adoption and custody [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and her husband are having dilemma. She has a child from a relationship before she got with her husband at some point. The daughter now loves her step dad more than her real father who is living with a woman now also. My sister is trying to stay very opened minded and has done great for...

Need to know my custody [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin and I HATE my mom but I am forced to live with her by law. I don't no why.:confused: I need to know the legal age limit I can choose my custody between parents. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THNXS:)

Custody [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 2 months old and he sees his father about every day for an hour to four. Before I tell you this, let me give you a little background on the situation. His father and I weren't together but for a few weeks before I got pregnant. We couldn't really get a long too well and decided that...

View more questions Search