Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    longtrans Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Bloody Solution
    Is blood a solution?
    solution= solute + solvent
    it seems like there are two answers to the question, but I have no firm grasp of which is more correct.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 10:23 PM
    To answer your question you need to understand what is in blood... so think about that first...

You think there are two answers... what are they and what is your argurment for each?
    longtrans Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 02:30 PM
    OK I already got the answer for it hehe but before, I was debating myself if blood is a solution or not cause blood is made of basically two components: cells and plasma.. and since plasma is a solution, blood could also possibily be a solution as well, but I wasn't sure because the cells containing in the blood are solids.
    If cells are solids, does it have any affect if the blood is a solution or not..
    Well anyway, I got a chance to ask someone else and they told me it is a solution~~~ haha thanks though :D
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Yes, the plasma has salts and other things dissolved in it, but it also has a mixture of cells in it too.

The plasma is a solution, but I would say that blood is a mixture.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Yep, I agree. And you know it might depend on the person asking the question and their real knowledge.

But technically it is a mixture, that has in it a solution, as stated. Red blood cells are not dissolved in the blood, but salts are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Understanding solution? [ 1 Answers ]

If an unknown substance is placed in water at room temperature and it did not dissolve completely. How would you determine whether that substance has any solubility in water? The substance must be polar that is why it dissolved but not completely. Can you help me understand please.

Determining if it a solution [ 1 Answers ]

the question is how do you determine if it is a solution to both -6 & 2 the equation is 4x + y = -22 y = -3/9 ( a fraction) x

Bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum...

Bloody nose! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay yesterday I got the first bloody nose in like 7 years.. at around 1 pm and now I just got another one 11:00 am.. I am not a big nose pcker and I never get nose bleeds.. what could this be from?

Bloody Sperm? [ 2 Answers ]

Can blood mix with sperm? Or is it normal for sperm to change to a light red color suddenly? About Two weeks ago I poked a tiny hole in my nut with a nail after jumping on my bed and four days ago I notice pink colored sperm while ejaculating. Does masturbating everyday cause pink colored sperm,...

View more questions Search