Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deployed Dad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Can my wife leave and take the kids while I am deployed?
    Currently I am overseas and left not long ago, when I left things were good and we were preparing to transfer to a new duty station where I would not be deployed. I am due to return in 45 days and now she is saying she won't be there and is taking the kids some where else. Can she do this or is it like kidnapping?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 05:55 PM

No, it is not kidnapping why would it be??

She can file for divorce, file for custody of the kids if she wants.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 06:02 PM

The only time it could be considered kidnapping by parent is if she disappears with the children. She must leave you with contact information. If she hides the children then its kidnapping.
    Deployed Dad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    The only time it could be considered kidnapping by parent is if she disappears with the children. She must leave you with contact information. If she hides the children then its kidnapping.
    Thanks, additionally I was able to talk to her on the phone last night and she had made arrangements to have the children stay with a friend. She was very intoxicated and was making suicide threats. Stating it did not matter she would not be around in the morning. Earlier that day the same friend came over because she was drunk with children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leave my wife when? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been with my wife for 10 years and married for 2. We had a baby 3 months ago and since then I've been getting progressively unhappier. Not feeling there is a spark between me and my wife and not as attracted to her as I used to be. I feel I want out and live on my own... couldnt stand to leave...

I am deployed and my wife asked if she could have sex with another man [ 41 Answers ]

I am deployed its our first deployment together and my wife is really lonely and really deprived from sex just like me and she asked me if she could have sex with another man just to take the edge off. I told her no and my reasons are that it would not stop I don't think what is just once going to...

Kids Father talks bad on ex-wife and me in front of kids [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, admins please move to the appropriate section. Thanks Now for the question, I have been seeing my girlfriend for almost 7 months now. We do live together with her 2 beautiful girls who I adore and treat as my own. They are 5 and 3 and...

Wife is sick and wants to leave me what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been marred for 20 years been together for 26. About year ago my wife said that she wanted to separate. Well we did about 8 mo later. I stayed home and took care of our 16yr old son. At that time a ask her if there was someone else she said no. Well about 2mo later I found out she was seeing...

Wife of Deployed Marine finds bank account empty [ 4 Answers ]

I have found some information on my topic however my question comes with a twist. My account was emptied today by an attorney firm in AK. The judgement is against my husband and we had been making payments on the account until he went into boot camp about a year ago. He told me they were...

View more questions Search