Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Izzyy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Is this considered cheating?
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year and a half now, I'm 18 and he's 21. He just recently got caught smoking heroine by his sister and was sent to detox for 5 days, as if it wasn't hard enough to go through, I found out that while he was in there he had met a girl who he said was very ill and being the "gentleman" that he is he decided to help her by getting her meds and bringing her gingerale and holding her hair while she vomited, so that all happens and than they are talking for an hour apparently when she says "I want to kiss you" and she does, and he kisses her back, but apparently it was only a peck and lasted two seconds and was her way of saying "thank you" but I find it hard to believe it was a "friendship" kiss like he claims. The worst part is his sister told me he told her it was because he was horny (being off drugs and all). He always claims I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen but than he jepordizes our relationship and gets kicked out of gateway just for a kiss? Should I stay with him? I know he loves me and has never shown any sign of cheating ever before, but has his feelings changed?
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

May 21, 2009, 05:13 PM

Drugs make you do stupid things. I wouldn't like what he did, but he apparently was Nice to the girl who was going thru a bad time.
    If he is doing drugs, it's Not a good environment for you. Maybe let him detox a while.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2009, 06:15 PM

His sister to you that he told her,
    Heavens is this JR high or are we adults,

When you asked him about it personally and the two of you talked about it, what did he say.

So he was coming off drugs and kissed someone, bet he did a lot worst when he was on drugs, most users do.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 21, 2009, 06:19 PM

I'd be more worried about his drug addiction then his apparent infidelity.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 06:30 PM

It seems to me he was trying to support this girl. I also think the drugs is a bigger concern and him getting himself straightened out.
    You question what he feels for you, but it this guy was just being a man and helping somebody else through a rough time. Does not mean it will go further.

Joe
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 22, 2009, 02:56 AM
    I have to agree with the rest of the experts here. The guy is trying to put his head back together. He helped a fellow sufferer. A kiss is not a huge reward there. Once he gets himself together, you guys need to see if your relationship has a future. Right now he doesn't know if his LIFE has one. You have the power to change his life right now. Support him or destroy him, it's your choice.
    lovinthetrail Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 02:13 PM

Lame! Drugs or no drugs, kissing another woman tells the intents in his heart. Now, it is not up to you as a GIRLFRIEND to put up with drug crap... if you were his wife, I would say you do need to try to help him, but with the realization that he is not in this world right now with his mind. Loving an addict is a battle with the universe... so, since he is quick to cheat on you, and there is a very, very, long, hard, road ahead, I would say just get out of the picture. He is not on the same wavelength as you, and if he really wanted to, he would put everything aside and be responsible as a partner. Do you want someone like this to be the father of your children? Relapse is always possible. And infidelity is easy. Not that you have to treat him badly, but you have to take care of you, girl!!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 23, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Izzyy, it's your choice. How do YOU feel about the relationship and him? Is he or it worth saving? Obviously Lovinthetrail doesn't think your investment is large enough for the risk you are running when you find out what the drug free boyfriend is like. Odds are he will be a different person, do you want to hang around to find out?
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

May 23, 2009, 05:51 PM
    He kissed a girl, he's a drug addict, and he's horny because he's de-toxing... what about this guy exactly do you find alluring?
    Izzyy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Izzyy, it's your choice. How do YOU feel about the relationship and him? Is he or it worth saving? Obviously Lovinthetrail doesn't think your investment is large enough for the risk you are running when you find out what the drug free bf is like. Odds are he will be a different person, do you want to hang around to find out?
    I'm going to stick around for now because he is going through a lot and I would want someone to stick with me and give me the benefit of the doubt, I can't see the future and he may change, but if not I do have the option to leave. Thanks for your advice :]
    homie_fry23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2009, 12:57 PM
    LEAVE HIM!
    He sounds like a ja* off.
    rimania Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 06:54 PM

Well it s difficult to judge and I agree with all answers
    I guess his kiss just he wanted to help her to ovecome her disease not cheating you
    But you must be careful he is using drug and it s better to think of it seriously he might not be good for you
    If you ask him to stop using drug if he refuses better to think of someone else
    Meow420 Posts: 132, Reputation: 10

May 25, 2009, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyy View Post
    I'm going to stick around for now because he is going through alot and I would want someone to stick with me and give me the benefit of the doubt, I can't see the future and he may change, but if not I do have the option to leave. Thanks for your advice :]
    go with your gut. We all make mistakes. Some people deserve a 2nd chance and some don't. If you think he does, go with it!! X x x x good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this considered cheating? [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I decided to try a three some with another girl four years ago. So when the time came, everything was going well, but suddenly, it seemed like a nightmare. Him and 'her' kept going at it, even though I told him to stop. They were doing it in front of me for two hours straight....

Is "thinking" it considered cheating? [ 43 Answers ]

In a relationship, if he or she "thinks" about possibilities with another person, because he or she has feelings for that person, but does not act on these feelings, is it considered cheating? I think it's called "emotional" cheating? Personally, I only consider it cheating when the person acts...

What is considered cheating once you have received your papers for the first time [ 9 Answers ]

My question is: My wife up and left the house a month ago and refuses to explain her reasons for doing so. She has claimed that she want to work things out but instead I get divorce paper work 10 days after she has left. She is currently living with my brothers ex-wife and is going out with...

Phone sex considered cheating ? [ 28 Answers ]

All right, so I have a boyfriend, we have never had phone sex but last night after my boyfriend left my house, my guy friend called and we were talking and I was really horny so I asked him to have phone sex with me. Then we decided not to and to go to sleep because of work issues in the morning....

View more questions Search