Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alejandro2009 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 15, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Hi people I'm a sophomore and I am worried about something.
    Ok as I said before I am a sophomore about to be a junior but I am worried about something. I have no idea what career I want to take. I know your probably saying but your not even a senior yet but junior year is more important though and also that I am not a junior yet but time passes by very fast. Do not ask me what I like because I am not even sure. Well I want to be like a business man but do not know exactly of what. Could you guys give me a good suggestion on a good career similar to what I want or help me out. Also, what I an expect in junior year. Thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2009, 09:20 PM

You don't have to decide now. In fact, the first two years of college are core courses, and you don't have to declare a major until the end of the sophomore year.

Right now, get a good basic education in English, a language, psych and soc, history, the sciences -- a foundation you can build on in college.

I'm over 60 and have worked as a teacher and a librarian and a published writer--and now have new careers I want to get into. Never limit yourself.
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

May 15, 2009, 11:05 PM

I'm a junior and in the same boat. I feel the pressure to decide as well as you do. But I realize that I don't have to decide now even if people say I do. If it takes a few tries to find my true calling then so be it. But I hope its actress.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

May 15, 2009, 11:21 PM

Alejandro,

You have plenty of time to figure out what you want to make your career. Whatever you decide now, it will change. I have had five careers. I thought that each on was it, but "it" kept changing. I'm in my mid-60s, and still curious about what I might do next.

And, that's the magic question. You only have to figure out what you want to do next. Then, you can decide what courses you want to take and what kind of academic foundation you are building. There are endless options.

Tao
    ~~~~~~~
    There is nothing about a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly. -Buckminster Fuller
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 01:00 AM

Even if you tried to decide now you'll probably change your mind at least a few times before graduation. And then plenty more once you're in college. Don't stress over it now. Be open minded.
    nerdyboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandro2009 View Post
    Ok as I said before I am a sophmore about to be a junior but I am worried about something. I have no idea what career I want to take. I know your probably saying but your not even a senior yet but junior year is more important though and also that I am not a junior yet but time passes by very fast. Do not ask me what I like because I am not even sure. Well I want to be like a business man but do not know exactly of what. Could you guys give me a good suggestion on a good career similar to what I want or help me out. Also, what i an expect in junior year. Thank you
    Just do pic a career that you now you good at my old high teacher told me "what you do most, is what you do best
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 16, 2009, 12:20 PM

Yes, but sometimes, you have hidden talents that you yourself never know about, until you discover them by learning new things. If one had a strong desire for a particular job, then that's different.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 01:00 PM

Something in the medical field is always going to be good. If I had it to do over I would get in to the medical rental business, renting things like oxygen generators, wheel chairs and such and those are only two of hundreds of things that are either rented or bought from medical supply stores and so many are paid for by the government.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interests of Wealthy people vs Less wealthy people [ 3 Answers ]

I know that it is a well know fact that affluent people often have very different interests (i.e. in sport) to poorer people, even when they live in proximity. Is there a theory that some geogpraher has made? Or is it just a common stereotype/knowledge?

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Would a senior guy in high school go out with a sophomore girl in high school? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school and I like this senior guy in my school. Last year I went out with this guy who was my age and he was way to imature for me, and wasn't looking for a real relationship, it somethimes seemed to be a friends with benefits thing then a relationship, all he ever wanted...

View more questions Search