Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejsilver Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 01:56 PM
    What is HD-ready?
    In considering a flat screen TV, what is the difference in HDTV, HD-ready, LCD?
    blueeyestwenty Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2007, 05:45 PM
    I have no idea, but my dad works for ACME TV in Spokane, Wash. He has done this sort of thing for over 17 years and I know he can answer your questions... Hope this helps!
    J Blodgett
    [email protected]
    blh Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Google "hd ready vs hdtv" for a list of sites to answer you question.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 07:43 PM
    HD stands for High Definition, HDTV is a HD TV. They can be Plasma, LCD(Liquid Crystal Display), TFT is Thin Film Technology, There are Rear Projection, and there are Projectors that use a screen. The quality can be limited by cable connection types. HDMI is very good, Component is less, S video and composite, among others.
    Try: Monster Cable Connection Guide - Home
    And select cable type. Good info.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Aug 30, 2007, 01:39 PM
    HD Ready refers to the fact that it is ready to be used with an HD Television receiver (i.e. HD Cable box or HD Satellite Receiver). A true HDTV means that it has an HD Tuner built in and can receiver over the air transmissions. If you don't plan on using rabbit ears or an antenna on the roof, save the money and buy an HD Ready TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ready to breed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old dachshund dotson dog, we have recently found someone who has a female dotson,they want to breed her with my dog. Here's my question,how often does a female dotson go into heat,and aproxmicly when? With me having a male I have no idea. Also they don't want to give us the pick...

Ready to chop it all off! [ 2 Answers ]

Please help - I have had it with my hair! I was growing out highlights for about 8 months and had probably 4 inches of natural growth. It didn't look bad, but my hairstylist said she could die over the part with highlights to match my correct color. Well, she actually had to end up dying my...

Almost ready to go [ 13 Answers ]

I have bought a Linksys Wireless Adapter to connect to my computer via USB cable. I bought it on eBay, so it didn't come with directions or a CD, but I am not sure if a CD is necessary. I need some help getting connected. Can anyone help me?

How do I say I'm ready [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have talked about when we have babies and stuff like that but I haven't been able to figure out how to tell him I am ready to try. I am not sure if he wants to have one right now or not but I do I am scared I will say it in the wrong way I don't know how to tell him what should I...

View more questions Search