Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattvit Posts: 73, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 08:10 PM
    Question about a girls mother
    Hi, I use to see this girl and sometimes when I would go over, her mom would be watching TV, or listening to music, or just sitting there... swaying, in a non natural way like she has a tick. I don't know why she does this, and every time I'm around and she is doing it, my friend would call out to her and her mom would realise I'm there and would stop. Can anyone explain this? Thanks
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2006, 08:24 PM
    I have done this from time to time on a moderate scale. If I have to sit for long periods, it just feels better to move. My daughter will say "youre rocking" jokingly... not like she's embarrassed... but I'm sure some would be, especially if its more pronounced.

Its not, for me, so much a nervous thing... it just feels better to be moving a bit sometimes.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2006, 06:49 AM
    It can be a relaxing thing to do, just rocking. As a mother I notice that I do it often. It started with the birth of my first. My husband calls it the Mommy rock as it began with my infant (now 20) and I would hold and rock him.

However, on a totally different note, it could be a mild form of autism. It may be possible that she is a high functioning autistic with only a few small symptoms of the condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do girls like? [ 13 Answers ]

So what are some great dates you can take a girl on, besides a dinner and a movie.

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Question on the girls I met... [ 5 Answers ]

All right I met these 2 girls at work when they came in to buy stuff. I happened to be where they needed the things they wanted so I helped them out, sporting conversation. Turns out the cuter one of the two... we'll name her Sally... is from IL (I'm from WI) and the other one... who we will call...

Question About a Relationships ! Mostly For Girls. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all I am very new to these forums and I was wondering if you could help me figure this out. I am 19 years old and I've been going out with a girl for about 3.5 years now and she was first a virgin. Obviously she is not right now but lateley I've noticed than it's less and less often than she...

Mother cat/newborn kitten question [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat gave birth to 5 kittens 11 days ago. All of them look very healthy and active. We have them in a very large rubber container 4 feet long/2 feet wide/2 feet tall that the mother can easily jump out of when she needs a break. We also have bedding on the bottom. We have fed the mother 2-3...

View more questions Search