Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thelostmom Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Several things have happened to me over the years and.
    Over the years several things have happened to me that I have had a hard time explaining... even to myself, much less to others. The 1st that sticks out in my mind happened when my daughter was an infant. It was an episode in which I was in bed w/ my husband and a young man w/a staff stood at the foot of our bed and told me repeatedly that "She is mine now". During this episode, I was fully awake and unable to move anything but my eyes. I couldn't understand why my husband wouldn't wake up! The 'man' was speaking out loud, his lips were moving. I was terrified and furious that he would say this about my child. I closed my eyes and asked God to help me and when I opened them he was gone and I was able to move. Naturally I ran to check on my baby. What is even more strange is that after I got up, my ENTIRE HOUSE was permiated with the SMELL of my Grandfather who had passed away years ago and it gave me such peace of mind that I cried. I walked through every room, smelling pillows, curtains, furniture etc and the smell was everywhere. The episode was never repeated. Since then I have had completely useless precognitive dreams where I will dream that one person will die, and then days or weeks later another person will pass away. What good are these dreams except to completely unnerve me!
    I am also able to 'guess' who is calling before anyone touches the ringing phone 90% of the time. Other things are going on with me, but, I will ask them later.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 02:38 PM

You have precognition. When your grandfather came to you with his unique smell, that is quite common as well for a deceased loved one to use smell to announce their presence.

Oct 10, 2008, 05:33 AM

Thank you for the reply. My 1st question is: What good are my dreams if I never dream about the person who is actually going to die? I am NEVER right!! My 2nd question: Is there anything that I can do to change this?
    Thank you for all of your help and attention.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Oct 12, 2008, 06:47 PM

Did the man with the staff look anything like me? (see picture to left). Although I don't go around taking children, this has a certain déjà vu. And I do carry a staff of alder wood (hence the nickname) just my height.

Yes, you do have a psychic gift. Your subconscious senses that someone is going to die, and then picks a person who "feels" like that person--to your subconscious, you'd have to do a lot of digging in your own mind to understand the connection--and puts them in the hotseat in the dream. With training, perhaps you could teach your dreaming mind to stop switching people around. But would you want to? Part of the reason your subconscious does that is to protect you. If you could make these predictions accurately, that would be a heavy gift to bear. Knowing when someone is going to die is one of the "big questions." Even very well trained psychics steer away from trying to get the answer to that question. Not because it is harder to get the answer, but because it is not human nature to know. Part of our life as humans is the uncertainty. You could know, but perhaps it would not make you happier.

That's not to say your gift cannot be trained, and channelled. It can. And by channelling it in ways that you find helpful and effective, that might keep it from going off randomly in ways that are less good.

Drop me a line if you would like to discuss this in more detail.

Blessings,

Alder

Oct 14, 2008, 05:07 AM

You are absolutely right. I don't think I'd want to know ahead of time who the real person was. But, you did mention training. How do I go about training myself?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 14, 2008, 05:26 AM

Alder would know, click on his profile and PM him.
    djhope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 10:08 PM
    I know what you are talking about!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things happened for a reason. [ 2 Answers ]

So I finally got pregnant after 8 years with my husband. Well first I lost some weight before my 25th birthday I was celebrating it in Vegas around that time I was very sexually active with my husband. I came back and felt very nauseas, my breast were in pain and I just felt different. I went to...

What has happened in your life in the last 3 years? [ 5 Answers ]

Really, what are the defining events/changes/people/stuff that has happened etc in the last 3 years that have shaped who you are today? In the last 3 years, I have turned into an entirely different person I feel like my actual claim to sentient thought and intelligence came not at birth, but...

Things that happened today [ 13 Answers ]

Earlier, I was walking in the grocery store and was looking in the freezer section for some icecream my wife had asked for. I must have been concentrating because a lady pushed one of those huge "theme" carts that looks like a race car, right up next to me. I wasn't paying any attention, being...

View more questions Search