Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitneywhitley2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
    How do I go about a court house wedding
    My fiancé && I are wanting to get married soon.. && we were thinking about a court house wedding what's the things I need to do before one
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Obtain a marriage license; usually the bride does this at the probate court, but just call the courthouse in your county for assistance. The people there will be happy to assist you.
    jennsexypink Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Yeah my sister did that and they helped her now she has been married for 1 year
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Mar 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Get the license... both of you will need to be present as a lot of info is needed. Check and make sure your state doesn't require blood tests... then, schedule an appointment with the justice of the peace or the mayor (it was the mayor for me)... buy something awesome for you two to wear and invite a few (very few) loved ones... oh yeah, and buy the rings.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 05:25 PM
    The rules vary by state in the US, some allow you to get married the same day you get a license, others require a waiting period.
    Just as some states require a blood test for the marriage licesne others don't. So both the bride and groom need to go to the county courthouse, and apply for their license. ** many states also have pre marriage counseling, if they take it, they get the marriage license a lot cheaper.
    After you get the license, you either make an appointment with the court, or others such as the Cobb County or Fulton county here in Georgia, they merely have a time twice a day they do all weddings needed to be done.

Also most courts have names or a board with cards of pastors who will do weddings at your home, in their home, at the court house or at a local park.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court house Weddings In Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

What court house in atlanta do I need to go to for a wedding?

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Need to find out how to do a court house wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out how to go about getting married in the court house

Court house wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out some information on getting married at the courthouse. I live in wyandotte county Kansas, and want to find the easiest place to get married in the city or surrounding area. What do I need to do?

View more questions Search